Hebron Appreciation Thread

I have been loving Hebron since 2015 and has always thought they were tied for my favorite high school band along with my former high school band. Well, now after this marching season, I can't help but to say that they are my #1. Every year they produce some of the BEST music I would say in the world. You legit can not beat them musically, IMO. I do not know what kind of water they drink, but I want it. Hebron showed us that COVID ain't stopping them and that they are THE HEBRON HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND!

Would I say its the greatest show of all time? Hmmmm I don't know. I would for sure say its WAY WAY up there. I will say the opener is the BEST! 

I can not wait to watch their show again at the Rose Parade and of course, can not wait to see what kind of show they want to do to top this show! Whatever it is, we all better be ready to wipe eachother's skin off our faces!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, MikeKyu said:

I wish I could make it. Pinstriped was an amazing show and will do well to represent top flight marching band shows on a huge stage. 

I would love to see the audience in the stadium in California when Hebron performs Penstriped and watch their jaws drop!!  😍

• 4 weeks later...

Assuming I counted correctly and the info is up-to-date, Hebron had 24 (!) students make All-State this year. That's astonishing, and over twice as many as the "2nd place" groups. According to my counts: Hebron (24), Coppell (10), Hanna (10), Vandegrift (10), Clear Springs (9), The Woodlands (9), Claudia Taylor Johnson (8), Cypress Woods (8), Flower Mound (8), Cedar Park (7), Dawson (7), and Westwood (7).

Is Honor Band for 6A this year? If so, good luck everyone! 🙃

Edit: Realized a couple of those Johnsons weren't CTJ. A few other Johnsons in the state!

17 hours ago, Rubisco said:

Assuming I counted correctly and the info is up-to-date, Hebron had 24 (!) students make All-State this year. That's astonishing, and over twice as many as the "2nd place" groups. According to my counts: Hebron (24), Coppell (10), Hanna (10), Vandegrift (10), Clear Springs (9), The Woodlands (9), Claudia Taylor Johnson (8), Cypress Woods (8), Flower Mound (8), Cedar Park (7), Dawson (7), and Westwood (7).

Is Honor Band for 6A this year? If so, good luck everyone! 🙃

Edit: Realized a couple of those Johnsons weren't CTJ. A few other Johnsons in the state!

I’ll just pull out some stats for how well they did in Area auditions:

A Hebron student was first chair in: Piccolo, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Alto Sax, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Contrabass Clarinet

The first 5 trumpet chairs were from Hebron, which didn’t really surprise me as we all heard how good their trumpet section was in their marching show, compared to their main area competitors, and when you’re talking about Marcus and Flower Mound that says a lot👀

They had the second chair in three other sections not already named: bass clarinet, euphonium and horn with several sections having multiple students as well. What a great year for them, and I hope soon they can cap it off with a TMEA Honor band invitation soon!

• 3 months later...

https://www.facebook.com/lewisvilleisd/videos/2021-22-toy-finalist-andrew-sealy/1380813752382771/

Wanted to share this video of Hebron's fantastic band director. An amazing tribute honoring the impact he had on his past students and his current students. I cannot think of anyone more deserving of the Teacher of the Year award, and I truly hope he is honored with this achievement. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Asaiah said:

Hmmm. I was curious about this too, so I double-checked. Unless I don't understand how All-State rankings work (since from what I remember, higher ranks pick which ensemble they perform in), Hebron actually had 26 All-Staters, but only one was "rank 1," the 1st chair Symphonic Orchestra flute player. (If that's just my mistake, please correct me!)

The original post about this was referring to the Area round, not All-State. Students start out within their own local region, I think there's typically two rounds of auditions at this level, and then advance to Area, and if they advance past the Area round they are All-Staters. So Hebron had a ton of first chairs at the Area level, not the All-State level. Definitely very easy to mix them up.

7 hours ago, Asaiah said:

Hmmm. I was curious about this too, so I double-checked. Unless I don't understand how All-State rankings work (since from what I remember, higher ranks pick which ensemble they perform in), Hebron actually had 26 All-Staters, but only one was "rank 1," the 1st chair Symphonic Orchestra flute player. (If that's just my mistake, please correct me!)

By my count, Hebron had:

6 Symphonic Orchestra members,

12 Symphonic Band members,

4 Philharmonic Orchestra members, and

4 Concert Band members.

Sorry, I was referring to band students. You appear to be including string players in your orchestra counts. Hebron had 1 Piccolo, 3 Flutes, 3 Bb Clarinets, 1 Bass Clarinet, 1 Contrabass Clarinet, 1 Oboe, 1 Alto Sax, 5(!) Trumpets, 1 French Horn, 2 Trombones, 1 Euphonium, 2 Tubas, and 2 Percussion make State this year.

• 2 months later...