How to Procure a Semi/Trailer Truck...

VinoGirl

Hi band parents/boosters - I have a question for you. Our 5A band is one of the only ones I've seen that does not have a semi/trailer truck for props, equipment, etc. We have three small UPS sized trucks that we own, and they aren't ideal for large props, instrument storage, etc. Does anyone have experience buying/renting/getting a semi/trailer for your band? If so, I'd love advice on where to start for our band to try to get a vehicle like that.

Thanks for any insights you may have. Our district funding is limited, so we'll likely have to raise funds or figure out a funding model. 

On 11/3/2021 at 11:05 AM, VinoGirl said:

Hi band parents/boosters - I have a question for you. Our 5A band is one of the only ones I've seen that does not have a semi/trailer truck for props, equipment, etc. We have three small UPS sized trucks that we own, and they aren't ideal for large props, instrument storage, etc. Does anyone have experience buying/renting/getting a semi/trailer for your band? If so, I'd love advice on where to start for our band to try to get a vehicle like that.

Thanks for any insights you may have. Our district funding is limited, so we'll likely have to raise funds or figure out a funding model. 

So my old high school recently got a new trailer and I don't have all the details but they've been saving up money for it for years as well as some fundraising and grants. The company they got it from customized it and everything, super good product. I even helped assemble it when they brought it over. Typically even with this big trailer, they still have a box truck separate for props. I can ask for more specific answers to your questions if you'd like