3:30pm - Samuel V. Champion HS Open/Group 4
3:45pm - William J. Brennan HS Open/Group 4
4:00pm - John Marshall HS Open/Group 4
4:15pm - Moe & Gene Johnson HS Open/Group 5
4:30pm - Anderson HS Open/Group 5

4:45pm - Stony Point HS (Exhibition)

Edited by Dog885

46 minutes ago, Time Warp said:

I thought Johnson was going to San Antonio but it looks like they’re not based on them being at this contest

It looks like they are doing both. Their prelims performance at San Antonio is Friday afternoon. Evidently they don’t anticipate making BOA SA finals so maybe they have decided to compete in US Bands as well since it’s on Saturday. Several bands have done both before. 

8 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

It looks like they are doing both. Their prelims performance at San Antonio is Friday afternoon. Evidently they don’t anticipate making BOA SA finals so maybe they have decided to compete in US Bands as well since it’s on Saturday. Several bands have done both before. 

That is correct.  Directors decided to add one last competition to the schedule.  Realistically, the chance of a band making BOA SA finals in only their second competitive marching season is slim.  Their time will come though.  This is a great program with huge support from the district and their community.  Looking forward to following them for many years to come.

45 minutes ago, BudaBandDad said:

That is correct.  Directors decided to add one last competition to the schedule.  Realistically, the chance of a band making BOA SA finals in only their second competitive marching season is slim.  Their time will come though.  This is a great program with huge support from the district and their community.  Looking forward to following them for many years to come.

I absolutely foresee this program in the discussion for SA finals in the very near future!  And I can’t wait to see it happen for you guys! 

12 hours ago, Time Warp said:

Is this supposed to be USBands answer to San Antonio

This contest has been an alternative for BOA San Antonio for bands that don't want to spend as much, travel as far, or go somewhere smaller. I wouldn't call it a direct answer to San Antonio, it just gives smaller programs a good place to end the season. I would say USBand's answer to BOA SA is their event at AT&T Stadium, but that event is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Finals Results:

1st: 96.90 - Moe & Gene Johnson HS (Caption sweep)
2nd: 94.80 - Liberal Arts & Science Academy
3rd: 93.70 - William J. Brennan HS
4th: 93.00 - Anderson HS
5th: 91.60 - George Ranch HS
6th: 89.50 - John Marshall HS
7th: 89.00 - East View HS
8th: 86.90 - W. Charles Akins HS
9th: 84.90 - Lehman HS
10th: 83.70 - Pieper HS
11th: 82.00 - Samuel V. Champion HS
12th: 78.30 - Louise HS

The only difference in placements in prelims for those 12 was that John Marshall and East View were switched since finals schedule is in prelims score order.

The website had the prelims results but they took them down and put up finals. After a whole season of them not posting finals results they decide to get rid of the prelims results after I had gotten a person to write down finals scores at the event. I thought the new ownership would help improve USBands but they are still awful at posting results to nobody's surprise