Braswell
Eaton
Hebron
Marcus
Flower Mound
Byron Nelson
Guyer

I think the obvious is Flower Mound, Marcus and Hebron as top 3 into state,
I guess we could send 4 or 5 to state, who would be the other 2? 

Other finals contenders?

Wylie
Prosper
Sachse
Plano East
McKinney

I just don't know enough about the other bands to say yes or no.   

15 minutes ago, PSHSMom said:

I didn't see a topic yet for 6A Area C.

Here are the bands I have competing:

Region 25

Plano East
Plano Senior
Plano West
Wylie
Allen

Region 24

McKinney
Little Elm
McKinney Boyd
Prosper

Region 21

Tyler Legacy

Region 3

Rowlett
Sachse
Mesquite
North Mesquite
North Garland
Garland
Lakeview Centennial
Rockwall Heath
John Horn
Rockwall
Naaman Forest

Region 2

Lewisville
Braswell
Eaton
Hebron
Marcus
Flower Mound
Byron Nelson
Guyer

I think the obvious is Flower Mound, Marcus and Hebron as top 3 into state,
I guess we could send 4 or 5 to state, who would be the other 2? 

Other finals contenders?

Wylie
Prosper
Sachse
Plano East
McKinney

I just don't know enough about the other bands to say yes or no.   

Prosper will most likely be 4th in finals. My guess for 5th is probably Wylie or McKinney

1 hour ago, peshbandkid said:

Flo Mo, Hebron, and Marcus are practically state locks.

Other spots are a tossup between Wylie, McKinney, John Horn, Plano East, Prosper, and Sachse. Any combination could happen 

Horn is no where near as good as they used to be. Lost a lot of members due to covid. I think Prosper is a very safe bet for 4th but weirder things have happened. Rockwall and Sachse were placed next to eachother last night at Birdville. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone here going to be there when they announce the finalist for Area C?    Just trying to see the fastest way to figure out if
I am going to attend since it's a bit of a drive to get there from Plano.   I can't make it during the day but might talk my husband into going 
if any of the Plano bands make it into finals (Well PSHS or PESH since I've had kids in both :) ) .    I figure it's my last chance to see them all
play this year (at least in person!).

Does anyone know if the draw for finals performance order is random? Or do they split it with the top scoring bands performing last? 

I want to attend this contest to see Flower Mound one last time in person (Since I won’t be attending Grand Nats 😭) but I get off of work at 6:30pm on Saturday, I live an hour away from Mesquite and don’t know if I would make it in time if Flower Mound were to perform first in finals at 7:30.

10 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Does anyone know if the draw for finals performance order is random? Or do they split it with the top scoring bands performing last? 

I want to attend this contest to see Flower Mound one last time in person (Since I won’t be attending Grand Nats 😭) but I get off of work at 6:30pm on Saturday, I live an hour away from Mesquite and don’t know if I would make it in time if Flower Mound were to perform first in finals at 7:30.

It’s a completely random draw as far as I know. Sucks big time.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:03 PM, PSHSMom said:

Is anyone here going to be there when they announce the finalist for Area C?    Just trying to see the fastest way to figure out if
I am going to attend since it's a bit of a drive to get there from Plano.   I can't make it during the day but might talk my husband into going 
if any of the Plano bands make it into finals (Well PSHS or PESH since I've had kids in both :) ) .    I figure it's my last chance to see them all
play this year (at least in person!).

Someone will probably post it here.  Wish I could see my alma mater PSHS.  Marched with them in 1992 …. the only time the school ever advanced from Area to State.  I really want to find a video from that year so I can show my son who is Freshman in a Houston area band that has a chance of going to State this year.

20 hours ago, BravoBand said:

Someone will probably post it here.  Wish I could see my alma mater PSHS.  Marched with them in 1992 …. the only time the school ever advanced from Area to State.  I really want to find a video from that year so I can show my son who is Freshman in a Houston area band that has a chance of going to State this year.

Well it's not live and not from this year, but here is their show from 2019-Marienette (my youngest was a junior, unfortunately not much marching was done in 2020!)

https://youtu.be/JuM3EHTjgX0

I never knew Plano went to State.  I know since my kids have been in school PESH is really the best marching band in Plano but for many years PSHS just stopped going to area and just competed in regionals.  

I like their show this year (which was supposed to be last years show) and they improved greatly between the PESH Invitational and UIL regionals, but not sure if it is enough to get them into finals, but I can hope!

1 hour ago, slowbrass said:

Have to respect Allen for what they can do with so many members (600+!), they sound really good. I shudder to think about what they could do with a smaller competitive group.

You know, with all due respect, I'm really tired of these kind of back-handed complements for the Allen band.  There is no reason why they can't be competitive at the size they are.  They are putting shows on the field with designs that would be impossible for a smaller sized band.  Instead of trying to do what everyone else does, just at larger scale, they are using their size as an asset.