2021 UIL Area C 4A

This contest will be held on October 30th at Lindale HS.

Schedule:

2:00pm Paris

2:15pm North Lamar

2:30pm Pleasant Grove

2:45pm Livingston

3:00pm Jasper

3:15pm Spring Hill

3:30pm Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Break

4:00pm Orangefield

4:15pm Liberty

4:30pm Hargrave

4:45pm Liberty-Eylau

5:00pm Lumberton

5:15pm Splendora

5:30pm Bridge City

Ten bands will advance to finals, 5 bands will advance to State.

Last year, 4 bands advanced out of 11 competing bands. They were: North Lamar, Lumberton, Bridge City, and Paris. 2018 5 bands advanced out of 25 competing bands. They were: North Lamar, Spring Hill, Paris, Little Cypress-Mauriceville, and Lumberton.

In bold are the bands that advanced last year. In Italics are the bands who would've made Area Finals last year.

This contest is really stacked as NL, Lumberton, LCM, Bridge City, Livingston, Spring Hill, and Paris all have a shot to make State.

Please feel free to discuss on who you think could advance from this very stacked 4A Area.

Area C is gonna be awesome to watch on October 30th!  Can’t wait to see this competition.  After serving 11 years as a Band Booster (our youngest graduated last year) it’s gonna be nice to sit and watch everyone.  Best of luck to all of the competing bands.  BTW, keep an eye on Lumberton, Bridge City, and Little Cypress - Mauriceville!!!

1 hour ago, bandboosterdad said:

Area C is gonna be awesome to watch on October 30th!  Can’t wait to see this competition.  After serving 11 years as a Band Booster (our youngest graduated last year) it’s gonna be nice to sit and watch everyone.  Best of luck to all of the competing bands.  BTW, keep an eye on Lumberton, Bridge City, and Little Cypress - Mauriceville!!!

This year will be extremely close as 8 bands have a shot to make State. Thankfully 5 will advance but 3 bands who could make State in about every other area will not make it. I am expecting some insane finishes within the ranks. 

15 minutes ago, Cherish0708 said:

Does it matter if some of those bands are military bands who are going to state?

I think the spots still count. Like last year when the the bands that had received a one chose the Military Contest, their spots were still counted in the contest results as a DNA Band, which allowed more bands to advance to the State Open Class Contest

1 hour ago, LindseyKubsch said:

Indeed- 4A Area C is pretty stacked. Will definitely be a nail biter this year. 

I am looking forward to seeing a relatively normal scene this year. With 5 bands advancing, there is room for bands who may not have previously made it to slip on it, but the competition for those five spots is still incredible. I know I will personally be watching Spring Hill, LCM, Bridge City, and Paris. I was surprised to see Spring Hill doing open class, but they could definitely shake things up. 

With Livingston, Pleasant Grove, Spring Hill, Lumberton, Bridge City, LCM, Paris, and North Lamar all gunning for that top 5, nothing is certain. It’ll be a heck of a contest this year, that’s for sure. I am glad there are five spots though. Lots of good band programs have a chance to advance this year. 

I can’t wait to perform come October 30th. It’ll be an honor just to be there. :)

Good Luck to ya'll at Area! 

I had been thinking North Lamar and Spring Hill were lock ins for state then it would be a battle for the last 3 spots. But based on this post that may not be the case. I’ve not seen North Lamar, Paris or Spring Hill this year and can’t find videos. I was assuming based on previous competitions. I’m not a good judge because I usually think the top bands are always good. When it’s fractions of a point I can’t really say who is better at marching and playing. I do feel that Bridge City has improved each year and looked and sounded great at regionals. I know that Lumberton has had a change in band directors last year so I’m not sure how that changes things for them if at all. LCM looked good, I wasn’t a fan of the theme and overall feel, but I’m sure that has nothing to do with the judging.