2021 AREA I 5A

I say Porter will most likely get 1st. They are having a great season it seems. At Lone Star Preview they got 6th place beating groups like Klein Collins, Cy-Fair, and North Shore. Yes I know that contest uses BOA judging format but I still believe Porter will get 1st and will do way better at State

43 minutes ago, SpartanBandAlum said:

Galena Park had a director change recently, not sure how it’s affected them since I haven’t seen any video since very early in the season.

I know you graduated from Porter but just wanted to say congrats on getting 6th at LSP. That was a very stacked contest and for yall to place higher above North Shore and Cy-Fair says something about the Porter Band. Lumberton placed 18th out of 26. I think that was reasonable bc they had a rough run.

I have seen Galena Park at a few football games.  They are just about as strong as they were in 2019.  It is still unfortunate they didn't advance in 2019, but their final run was just not as good as their previous performances.  The new director is in their second year and are they are doing great.  The rest of the staff from 2019 are still there.  I suspect they are absolutely in the running to get one of the 2 or 3 spots for state.  Galena Park's color guard is FANTASTIC.  

Porter has ascended to another level and I predict they will easily win the area.  However, a new high school is opening in New Caney ISD next year and will probably affect somethings.  The area contest will be strong for sure.  That final spot will be anyone's game.  Porter and Galena Park will likely advance with College Station or Magnolia taking that third spot.  Crosby can be a dark horse.  Final prediction, Porter will hopefully, FINALLY, be a Houston band with finals potential other than Friendswood in 5A.  

AREA I PRELIMS 5A MARCHING CONTEST

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2021

RAY MADDRY STADIUM,CHANNELVIEW ISD

DAYTON     11:30
MAGNOLIA11:45
KINGWOOD PARK 12:00
PORT NECHES-GROVES 12:15
RUDDER 12:30
CANEY CREEK 12:45
A&M CONSOLIDATED 1:00

BREAK

NEW CANEY 1:30
PORTER 1:45
COLLEGE STATION 2:00
GALENA PARK 2:15
CROSBY 2:30
MAGNOLIA WEST 2:45

Finals begin at 5:00pm

7 bands advance to finals, 3 to State.

Best of luck to all!

32 minutes ago, Cityscapes said:

1: Porter

2: Magnolia

3: Galena Park

4: College Station

5: Crosby

6: A&M Consolidated

7: Caney Creek

I’m hoping you’re right. My daughter is with Magnolia. We’ve never been to state or even finals for area. We are all pretty excited about their show this year and hoping it’s our year! 

I will set my prediction because I'm concerned but I honestly think......

1: Porter 

2: Magnolia 

3: College Station 

4: Galena Park 

I just personally feel like Galena Park has to have a really good run for them to advance to state, I have hope but they usually don't do as good in finals. Magnolia looks amazing this year definitely a top player for this area, but Porter with no doubt is taking home that 1st place spot they sound and march like a state band which is no surprise.