UIL 6A Area D 2021

17 minutes ago, banddad84 said:

generally - yes - they do not perform their pre-show for UIL and generally start before they get on the clock to come under the time limits. they have changed up a number of parts the past 2 weeks - excited to see how the finals play out

Interesting. I really enjoyed the closer at BOA Austin, so I'm curious to see how different everything has changed since then

1 minute ago, FaultLineBlues said:

I know that when I was in band a few years ago, at Area we'd find out our prelims ranking pretty soon after prelims announcements. But again, I'll add that since I heard it from students it could be iffy information. 

Cool.  I’m sure you’re right. 

great night for Round Rock ISD placing 4 bands in Finals. 

3 minutes ago, FaultLineBlues said:

I know that when I was in band a few years ago, at Area we'd find out our prelims ranking pretty soon after prelims announcements. But again, I'll add that since I heard it from students it could be iffy information. 

Can confirm this. I don't remember how detailed the information was, but we were told some information by our Director. 

2 minutes ago, Nny14 said:

Well the judges sure agreed on Round Rock! That might be the first time I've seen a consistent placement across all 5 judges in UIL!

Ikr??? The judges seemed to have done a great job, especially for area. Looking at this sheet and then looking at Area B’s gave me whiplash 

3 minutes ago, bchorn said:

Why would UIL change the rules for state finals? This doesn't make sense.

I can't speak to the why, but my memory tells me they drop the 8 minute (I think this is the correct number) performance time limit for finals. I haven't dug through all the rules, and it could have changed of course. There is still a "total time" to get on the field, perform, and get off the field which I believe is 15 minutes.

5 minutes ago, TWHSParent said:

I can't speak to the why, but my memory tells me they drop the 8 minute (I think this is the correct number) performance time limit for finals. I haven't dug through all the rules, and it could have changed of course. There is still a "total time" to get on the field, perform, and get off the field which I believe is 15 minutes.

my understanding is a 15 minute window, they enter the field 5 minutes before the clock starts - many will start their show at 2 minutes prior to the clock and band announcement. but they have an 8 minute judging window - exceeding that window is major penalty or a DQ (not sure which)  and then exit the field. as many programs that do pre-shows and have a full 12 minute show, you don't want to risk the fault early on - it is tough on the DM's and the students to have a cold start for UIL and then go back to their BOA start next week. Hope the finals goes well for all the programs tonight