UIL 6A - Area H

6 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Vista gonna win nats 😎😎

way too soon to call that - to much music still left to be played in the next 2 weeks. VR will do well. but time will tell. I think we are going to see some other shake-ups in the Area results later tonight and UIL while changing is still a much different animal from BOA - let's ride the wave - it is going to be a great ride

1 hour ago, Samuel Culper said:

After seeing Vandy and Vista back-to-back, I don't see a clear winner.  They were both amazing. 

15 minutes ago, slowbrass said:

Its pretty clear now that they’re playing the long game. I think they may have the most demanding show of the all potential finalists except Broken Arrow.

I have watched Vista all year but today was the first time I saw them perform the show. Unreal performance!  I had chills!

A disappointing night for Brandeis I’m sure (being the alternate for the third state year in a row), but props to Harlan, Stevens and Brennan for representing NISD very well in finals. Harlan in particular is going to have a very bright future for such a young program. Props to Del Rio and Steele as well. Congrats to the bands that advanced! 

Just now, TRBbaritone said:

A disappointing night for Brandeis I’m sure (being the alternate for the third state year in a row), but props to Harlan, Stevens and Brennan for representing NISD very well in finals. Harlan in particular is going to have a very bright future for such a young program. Props to Del Rio and Steele as well. Congrats to the bands that advanced! 

https://www.smbc.uiltexas.org/area/results/files/area-21_6A Area H.pdf 

Full prelims and finals ordinals for those who are interested. 

It's crazy to me how people seem to fall off the Vista hype at the start of each year just to bounce right back on as soon as they start performing well again. They did the exact same thing 2018 and 2019 but it's like people forget. Lots of talks about how they could be a bottom half band competing with Marcus and CP for that 7th spot. I know this is UIL and the judging is completely different and that this might not reflect BOA scores at all but still. I heard that The Woodlands used to be a band that cleaned like crazy in the later parts of the season but I think that title goes to VR now.

5 minutes ago, ohwell said:

Brandeis scored a 12 in music in prelims. Del Rio 38 Harlan 27. Brennan 35. They all beat Brandeis in finals. Huh?

I get there are only 10 bands and the scores tighten

Relaxxxx, I get you are upset about UIL but that’s just how UIL is, nothing we can do about it. No need to be all fired up about. Go get some sweet tea and relax

2 minutes ago, ohwell said:

Brandeis scored a 12 in music in prelims. Del Rio 38 Harlan 27. Brennan 35. They all beat Brandeis in finals. Huh?

I get there are only 10 bands and the scores tighten

Bands can have different performances in finals and prelims, how is this hard to understand? Small changes while playing can lead to big score discrepancies, not to mention the weather. It’s also an interesting take that anything you disagree with is a farce 😐

1 hour ago, Marchingbandperson said:

Bands can have different performances in finals and prelims, how is this hard to understand? Small changes while playing can lead to big score discrepancies, not to mention the weather. It’s also an interesting take that anything you disagree with is a farce 😐

Del Rios Prelims run was not good, several timing issues and people out of step. In Finals they came back in a big way. The same thing happen to them at BOA midland in prelims and Finals. I hope I shed some light on the jump.