UIL 6A - Area H

Oh wow, Harlan! That's a surprise, but I'm very happy for them. 2nd ever area competition. Steele is another old percussion dynasty that I'm glad to see doing well.

Can't say I'm happy to not see Taft, especially after the relatively stronger season they've been having, but other bands are progressing nicely and it looks like they did better when it mattered.

Hopefully we can get some San Antonio inclusion with the 4 advancing bands!

2 minutes ago, FEDude said:

Oh wow, Harlan! That's a surprise, but I'm very happy for them. 2nd ever area competition. Steele is another old percussion dynasty that I'm glad to see doing well.

Can't say I'm happy to not see Taft, especially after the relatively stronger season they've been having, but other bands are progressing nicely and it looks like they did better when it mattered.

Hopefully Brandeis takes the other state spot 🙂🤞

1 minute ago, StandHorn said:

This is a very strong line up, I’m at shock that Taft still not in finals after 2016 with missing finals by 1 point 😕 

Haha yes! I remember that. It is sad to be just a bit off.

What's really cool to see is that NISD is almost half of area finals. It's not the same bands as always either, Brennan and Harlan are rising up.

1 hour ago, FEDude said:

See I thought for sure Taft would at least be in the bottom half of finals. That’s unfortunate for them to miss again, but hopefully one of the NISD bands in finals will pull through and qualify for state. 

11 minutes ago, Westbriar said:

Here’s the order:

Brandeis
Steele
Harlan
Del Rio
Lake Travis
Vandegrift
Vista Ridge
Brennan
Westlake
Stevens 

After prelims, and looking at the ordinals vs. performance times, I’m thinking that Brennan may surprise us tonight!

Finals is going to be interesting for sure.

At this point. Anyone with a spotless performance can take the last state spot, it’s all about the performance!! Every band in finals has improved a lot. If Leander was here still, no one would be able to make state.