Just now, BandFan59 said:

So glad Timber Creek finally snapped their state alternates streak!

On the other hand, LD Bell has now failed to qualify for state in 2021, 2018, and 2014. Devastating to see a program with that much pedigree and history not being able to qualify for state again.

This area is just so unforgiving. It’s only here where we consistently huge programs (that have the skill to compete at state and do well) have to constantly fight for their lives to make it to the Alamodome. But ig that’s just how the cookie crumbles. Glad to see Timber Creek finally catch a break here and super stoked for Carroll.  

33 minutes ago, Origin said:

Area Champion - Coppell

2nd Place - Keller

3rd Place - Southlake Carroll

4th Place - Waxahachie

5th Place - Timber Creek

I wholly agree with these placements, fantastic long-sought breakthrough achievements for some while some frequent mainstays of UIL state are mixed in! I’m glad it was a bit unpredicatable in such a tough area to qualify in!! Congrats to everyone that made it in and to everyone that played in finals tonight!

18 minutes ago, avgbandfan5 said:

in 2018 Timber Creek placed 1 out of state due to a tiebreaker losing to Duncanville. 3 years later they advance to state beating LD bell, glad to see it’s come full circle for them, but also so sad for LD Bell not making state once again for such a historic program.

Wow that feels like yesterday. Can’t believe it’s been 3 years since then…

4 hours ago, littlejaw said:

Congrats to Timber Creek and Southlake. As well as Coppell for winning. This is the first time (depending on how you count 2018) that Keller has not won their area since 2006.

Woah is that actually true?  That's very impressive.  I know they were in the area with the schools out west for part of that but still!

Congrats Coppell! They are having such a strong season and hopefully we see them making SA finals as well. The more DFW rep, the better!

So happy with how Keller's show is progressing. While I am biased, I think they well place higher than people expect. Seems like it will be a common occurrence for them to have 1 judge that disagrees with them and the other judges lol.

Carroll making the jump to 3rd definitely surprised me, especially after seeing their prelims placement. Another band having a fantastic season and making state finals will make it even better. I'm still confused on what exactly their show is about but I don't mind the ambiguity. I do find myself spacing out here and there but maybe their show is hypnotizing me.

I absolutely love listening to Waxahachie. They play so well and their ballad is one of my favorites of the season. And I believe they will be attending SASR for the first time? A little bummed that their first appearance is with a show that feels less BOA than recent years but I know they will still do well.

Hearing LD Bell announced in 6th was bittersweet. Sad for Bell, but very exciting for TC. The kids and parents were so excited (including myself). And after the awards, the Keller and TC's drum majors were hugging and jumping up and down. It was the highlight of my night. This is my favorite TC show and I hope they can squeeze into finals this weekend.

Very sad for LD Bell not advancing since they aren't attending SASR either. The ballad is easily my favorite part of their show. Beautiful soloist and the color guard with their yellow dresses. I find myself wanting a lot more from their music in most of the show and I hope they can pick themselves back up in the future.

Lake Ridge has a very cute show based on Where the Wild Things Are. They were pretty close to taking that 5th spot in both prelims and finals. I think I heard a mom in prelims celebrating and saying that they are performing 2nd to last because they got 2nd in prelims. I hope they weren't let down after finals because Lake Ridge did amazing!

I always have a lot of respect for Duncanville. A lot of their show music is from Crown 2016 and Crown 2014 so I enjoyed it a lot, but it was also a little hard to not compare them to Crown lol. After their placement at state in 2018, I sort of felt like we could be seeing them miss out on advancing eventually. Their prelims placement certainly made me think I was wrong.

3 KISD bands in finals always makes me happy! Great job KC for making area finals again. Their color guard was actually warming up in the tennis courts where I was playing before halftime on Friday. I wanted to ask to toss a rifle or flag lol. And their guard was on fire at area finals. Maybe we can see 3 KISD bands advancing to state one day.

Lake Highland's opening hit was certainly a statement! They looked to be smallest of the finalist and then this huge hit came. Very fun show as all of them eventually went from red uniforms to blue. Their show title was "Ass1milated".

1 hour ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

I'm so proud of Southlake Carroll. When I was freshman just four years ago, making finals at Area or BOA was a longshot, and now they've qualified for state with a 3rd place finish in the most competitive area in Texas. I saw a video of the drum majors' reaction and it shows just how much this means to this them. It's tough to see so many great bands not advance, but to see my school's name listed above such storied programs like LD Bell and Duncanville is unbelievable.

Congrats to Southlake Carroll! A phenomenal year for all y'all.  I am thinking you will make finals at State.  To slightly misquote Bette Midler, you have the wind beneath your wings! 

22 hours ago, josephbandfan said:

absolutely love listening to Waxahachie. They play so well and their ballad is one of my favorites of the season. And I believe they will be attending SASR for the first time? A little bummed that their first appearance is with a show that feels less BOA than recent years but I know they will still do well.

Wax went to sa in 2016 if i’m not mistaken, they have a good shot this year for sure.