These are my finals predictions 

1) Keller (extremely solid) *lock

2) Coppell (also extremely solid especially visually) *lock

3) Waxahachie (I think their performance time will help them and hopefully one judge doesn’t throw them off like in their prelims music) *lock

4) Duncanville (can never ever count these guys out) 

5) Bell (I think they’re interchangeable with Dville but I think they’ll get in) 

6) Timber Creek (I really do hope they aren’t 6th cause that would be terrible luck)

7) Carroll (they’ve come such a long way) 

8. Lake Ridge

9) Lake Highlands 

10) Central 

19 minutes ago, HeartOfTexas said:

Do the judges remain the same? I am shocked to see Martin, Berkner, JJ Pierce, Mansfield and Haltom not make the finals.  Glad to see both Carroll and Central there.   Hope that Carroll ends up with the 5th slot.

Apparently it’s the same 5 judges but they swap roles. (I’m onsite; one of the band directors told me that.) So maybe we’ll see the outlier scores in Marching instead of Music. 

This is Carroll’s first time to make Finals at Area since 2001 (they were 4A). I love a Cinderella story … would be so happy for them to take 5th slot … but they’ve got their work cut out for them. This parking lot is jammed w/ talent.