UIL Area B 5A 2021

• Aggie921 changed the title to UIL Area B 5A 2021
On 10/3/2021 at 3:14 PM, Bassoonophone said:

Unless something seriously crazy happens in the next three weeks, Wakeland and Lone Star are definitive locks on 2 of the state spots. It will be a really tough battle for the other presumed 2 spots between (hopefully) my school Lebanon Trail, Lovejoy, and Wylie East. Haven't heard much from other schools but I don't doubt that there will be another one or two schools caught in the mix. I'm not sure where Centennial will end up this year though, cause they're a really young band this year and don't have the numbers they had pre-pandemic. I'm pulling for them though because I know a lot of people there and they really are a great program, just dealt a lot of really bad cards the past 5 years.

Who will take first?

On 10/10/2021 at 7:30 PM, trumpet103 said:

Good take, I believe 1st will be up for grabs considering Lone Star's stronger performance at Wylie.

I definitely agree. Although they did lose to Wakeland at dfw, I think that 1-3 is at this point between lovejoy, lonestar and Wakeland, and 4 either Wylie East(who I think) or LT. Mainly based on how Mckinney and BOA dfw went 

Lone Star and Wakeland are locks to advance to state for me. I think Wakeland is going to finish top 5 at state competing with Cedar Park, Leander, Rouse, and Highland Park. They have a really good show this year that I think will be great in a UIL setting. Lone Star has had a very good season so far and has a good shot at making state finals as well. For the other bands here I'd say Wylie East, Lovejoy, and and Lebanon Trail are probably at the front of the pack for the remaining state spots, however many there are left.

1 hour ago, BandFan59 said:

Lone Star and Wakeland are locks to advance to state for me. I think Wakeland is going to finish top 5 at state competing with Cedar Park, Leander, Rouse, and Highland Park. They have a really good show this year that I think will be great in a UIL setting. Lone Star has had a very good season so far and has a good shot at making state finals as well. For the other bands here I'd say Wylie East, Lovejoy, and and Lebanon Trail are probably at the front of the pack for the remaining state spots, however many there are left.

I agree :) I love Wakelands show This year and think they will have great success at State!

14 hours ago, BandFan59 said:

I heard highland got a new director and is having trouble 

1 hour ago, trumpet103 said:

I heard highland got a new director and is having trouble 

They aren't having trouble, they easily swept the McKinney Marching Invitational, beating bands there such as Wylie and Summit, and had a great 2nd place finish at Mansfield POC, they've been doing great

52 minutes ago, TrumpetDad said:

I volunteered at the region and from what I saw, Wakeland and Lonestar are locks. The other 2 spots are up for grabs between the remaining 8 finalist. In my opinion it could be any of them punching their tickets. They all seem to be so close to each other that judges preference will probably have a big impact here. 

Yeah both are really good! How was Lebanon?