Burleson Centennial

Richland

Summit

Midlothian

Legacy

Birdville

Aledo

Grapevine

I wouldn’t sleep on Azle, they beat Birdville at BOA Midland last weekend and are way, way better than the last several years

1 hour ago, FormerWildcat said:

My Predictions:

Finalists (State Advancers in Bold)

Burleson

Colleyville Heritage

Burleson Centennial

Richland

Summit

Midlothian

Legacy

Birdville

Aledo

Grapevine

What's in the musical water in 4-5A?

Birdville, Cen-10, Colleyville Heritage, Legacy, Midlo, Richland, Summit....all in. All very good.

6 minutes ago, ViewFromTheBox said:

You should see the football, too!

Slightly off topic, but if anyone is looking for a neutral game to go to, Colleyville Heritage and Summit square off at Mustang-Panther Stadium on Friday night to essentially decide the district title. Should be a great game and halftime. Wish I could make it up there.

We're going to try and make it! Summit football has been really good this year (except when we played the respective state Champs in Oklahoma and Texas)! 

3 hours ago, FormerWildcat said:

My Predictions:

Finalists (State Advancers in Bold)

Burleson

Colleyville Heritage

Burleson Centennial

Richland

Summit

Midlothian

Legacy

Birdville

Aledo

Grapevine

I find myself agreeing with these advancements, with Richland and Legacy as bubbles to advance as well. What I'm most interested in is how this Area compete at state, given I'm in Austin now and get to see these bands every weekend. I'd love to see a couple Area F bands make finals! 

Sidenote, did you go to Kennedale? Just guessing from the area we're talking about and username

This is going to be a GREAT contest.

Here's my prediction...Heritage or Summit take 1st (they're both great).  Richland will take 3rd (or 1st or 2nd...who knows!!!). 

Heritage/Summit/Richland

The fight will be for the final spot.

Aledo HS
Burleson Centennial
Mansfield Legacy HS
Azle HS
Midlothian HS
Granbury HS

2 hours ago, Band_dad_of_2 said:

This is going to be a GREAT contest.

Here's my prediction...Heritage or Summit take 1st (they're both great).  Richland will take 3rd (or 1st or 2nd...who knows!!!). 

Heritage/Summit/Richland

The fight will be for the final spot.

Aledo HS
Burleson Centennial
Mansfield Legacy HS
Azle HS
Midlothian HS
Granbury HS

burleson centennial placed 5th at the 2019 state finals, and aledo beat them at the recent boa dfw for the finals spot, I would hope they didn’t take too big of a hit from the covid year but you never know until area 

55 minutes ago, rickthestick said:

burleson centennial placed 5th at the 2019 state finals, and aledo beat them at the recent boa dfw for the finals spot, I would hope they didn’t take too big of a hit from the covid year but you never know until area 

That was 2 years ago...BOA DFW was 2 weeks ago and Aledo made finals, Centennial didn't. 

Under two weeks to improve and clean up but that result sticks out in my mind.

1 hour ago, rickthestick said:

Cen10's shows were AMAZING in '18 and '19  - especially that '18 show with the bassline swap with different heads and costume changes.

This year Midlo's show stands out more to me than Cen10's 

Of course I'm not a judge so I might be missing something subtle in the show that might propel them past Midlo's beautiful show, Summit's musicianship, or Legacy's all around effect.

1 hour ago, Senior22Dad said:

Right now....yeah I'd think so. BOA DFW is a bloodbath and they made Finals.  And believe me, being a Centennial dad, I don't like admitting it. 

I actually have seen the contenders I mentioned above and I'll see Aledo this weekend.  Aledo needs to bring their A game if they're going to win it...the three I mentioned are strong.  Really strong.

And I have no idea why I said BOA DFW was 2 weeks ago...I was just talking about it with my sister Sunday.  Cranial flatulence? ?