Uil Area F predictions

17 minutes ago, OakEm2021 said:

I overheard a band director saying Klein Oak was #1 going into finals, but that’s all I heard.

#1 of the Area F “finalists”, yes.  #2 in Prelims, actually; behind a great band who had a VERY strong performance today (and 5 first-place votes).  Looking forward to Friday night in San Antonio!

5 minutes ago, TWHSPercDad said:

#1 of the Area F “finalists”, yes.  #2 in Prelims, actually; behind a great band who had a VERY strong performance today (and 5 first-place votes).  Looking forward to Friday night in San Antonio!

Not sure how a band can be #1 of finalists but #2 in prelims…is that not the same thing?  Anyway…just posted the final results.

9 minutes ago, OakEm2021 said:

Not sure how a band can be #1 of finalists but #2 in prelims…is that not the same thing?  Anyway…just posted the final results.

He means that The Woodlands was first place in prelims, but chose to not participate in the state contest, so they did not perform in finals, allowing another band to have the opportunity.

Top 5 advance to state - so College Park, Klein Oak, Tomball Memorial, Oak Ridge, and Klein Cain will be representing Area F. Congratulations to all the state qualifiers!

Just now, TWHSParent said:

He means that The Woodlands was first place in prelims, but chose to not participate in the state contest, so they did not perform in finals, allowing another band to have the opportunity.

Top 5 advance to state - so College Park, Klein Oak, Tomball Memorial, Oak Ridge, and Klein Cain will be representing Area F. Congratulations to all the state qualifiers!

So he came into a conversation about a competition Woodlands elected *not* to compete in, just to flex on the rest of us? Classy!

I know they didnt advance, but I just have to give major props to Westfield. This is the best they have been in easily over a decade. I might have had them much higher than they ended up, but I am just happy the Westfield band program is among the best again. The same goes for Spring. Wonderful things are going on in that district.