Klein Oak
King
Dekaney
Spring
Westfield
Memorial
Tomball
Willis

Prior to this, anyone know what time TWHS will perform at their Region 9 contest on the 19th?  Thanks. 

I heard from a Woodlands band member that they aren't attending state. Not sure how that might affect the area competition, but it wouldn't surprise me if they decided not to attend area finals either. At least that opens up a state spot for another Area F band to make it to state. Should also be interesting to see how a state finalist spot opening up should affect who makes state finals.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:51 AM, contrabassclarinet said:

I heard from a Woodlands band member that they aren't attending state. Not sure how that might affect the area competition, but it wouldn't surprise me if they decided not to attend area finals either. At least that opens up a state spot for another Area F band to make it to state. Should also be interesting to see how a state finalist spot opening up should affect who makes state finals.

I hope they still do area finals, to see how they place, get feedback, etc.  Even if they skip state. This is not the normal rotation for 6a bands, after all. 

Looks like all 6A bands from Region 9 received straight 1's today.  In total, 26 bands qualified for Area F which should mean 5 will advance to state this year versus 4 spots in 2018.  In combination with information above that TWHS is not attending state, there should be at least 2 bands going to state from this area who didn't qualify in 2018.

Dang. Looks like 23 are going to this contest.  

On 10/19/2021 at 8:55 PM, BravoBand said:

Looks like all 6A bands from Region 9 received straight 1's today.  In total, 26 bands qualified for Area F which should mean 5 will advance to state this year versus 4 spots in 2018.  In combination with information above that TWHS is not attending state, there should be at least 2 bands going to state from this area who didn't qualify in 2018.

Area F 6A Prelims Schedule
October 30th, 2021 - Galena Park Stadium
Adjudicators:  Matt Burke, Greg Dick, George Little, Rob Toups, Robert Vetter

Qualifying Bands:   26
Attending Bands:    23
Advance to Finals:  10
Advance to SMBC:   5

Willis                     9:00
Oak Ridge             9:15
Grand Oaks          9:30
Klein                      9:45
Nimitz                  10:00
Summer Creek    10:15
Tomball                10:30
Klein Forest         10:45
Westfield             11:00
Dekaney              11:15
---------Lunch-----------
Davis                    12:15
Klein Cain            12:30
Spring                  12:45
The Woodlands     1:00
MacArthur             1:15
Conroe                   1:30
Tomball Memorial  1:45
College Park          2:00
Aldine                     2:15
Klein Oak               2:30
Klein Collins           2:45
North Shore           3:00
Humble                  3:15

Announcement of Ten Finalist
---------Dinner-----------
Finals             5:30

6 minutes ago, boysfromdanawf said:

Since there are only 23 bands attending, wouldn't it be 4 spots for the SMBC? Or is it because 26 qualified?

Here is the UIL rule:

"Should fifteen or more bands qualify for advancement in a single conference for the area contest, one band for each five bands that qualified for advancement to the contest shall be certified for advancement to the state contest."

Abtwitch confirmed over on the Megasheet thread that bands that choose the state military contest instead of Area (Kingwood and Atascocita in this case) still count as qualified for area.

46 minutes ago, BrassMomof2 said:

Wish they could play the full show at UIL area- would be fun to see!

They might be able to - IIRC they can start playing at any time (don't have to wait for the announcement or anything like that). So they could start early and get the full show completed within the allotted time. I'm pretty sure they did this back when I was a band parent for longer shows, but I could be wrong.

On 10/28/2021 at 8:41 PM, TWHSParent said:

They might be able to - IIRC they can start playing at any time (don't have to wait for the announcement or anything like that). So they could start early and get the full show completed within the allotted time. I'm pretty sure they did this back when I was a band parent for longer shows, but I could be wrong.

They can definitely start early. Oak starts with about 1:40 left on the setup clock, in order to finish their show on time.