Mansfield POC September 25 2021

44 minutes ago, ViewFromTheBox said:

I don’t think so? The announced bands filled out the schedule perfectly unless I missed something. I hightailed it out of the stadium to find dinner right after the schedule was announced.

This does allow me to bring up a somewhat entertaining related story. In 2009 at the Desoto contest, we thought we missed finals but were shortly told that they miscalculated. Meanwhile, the trucks were halfway back to the school. Eventually we finished 11th out of 10 bands in finals.

Music - McKinney

Visual - McKinney

Percussion - Colleyville Heritage

Guard - McKinney

1 - McKinney - 93.1

2 - Highland Park - 91.85

3 - Colleyville Heritage - 88.4

4 - Legacy - 84.2

5 - Midlothian - 84.05

6 - Summit - 81.6

7 - Lake Ridge - 81.05

8 - Trinity - 80.75

9 - Burleson - 78.6

10 - Martin - 78.2

11 - Fossil Ridge - 74.9

27 minutes ago, ViewFromTheBox said:

I don’t think so? The announced bands filled out the schedule perfectly unless I missed something. I hightailed it out of the stadium to find dinner right after the schedule was announced.

I was just guessing. Maybe they miscalculated and didn't want to send a band home after telling them that they made finals? 

I’m really having a hard time putting any stock into tonight’s scores. I know that I’m obviously not a judge (and thank goodness for that), but those scores don’t align with what I saw tonight. Martin was not the tenth place band tonight. Plain and simple. Like that result is making me shake my head more than anything, and I’m a Summit person. Just so odd. Really the same with Fossil Ridge.

32 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

Good for McKinney HS! Possibly they will be able to make State this year?

That'll definitely be tough, Area C is no joke. The max they can send is 5 and the top 3 are "locks" with FloMo, Hebron, and Marcus. Prosper, rockwall, wylie, mckinney, sachse. There's a lot of bands fighting to get in for those last couple spots but good for Mckinney!