Denton Golden triangle marching classic

Here is the full line up for this contest.

Irving High School:10:3

Denton Ryan high school: 10:45 AM 

Sanger High school: 11:00 AM 

Alvord high school: 11:15 AM 

Azle high school: 11:30 AM 

Denton Guyer high school: 11:45 AM

Bryon Nelson high school: 12:00 PM

break 

Garland high school: 12:45 PM 

Kauffman high school: 1:00 PM 

Pine Tree high school: 1:15 PM 

Frisco Liberty: 1:30 PM

Frisco Lone Star high school: 1:45 PM(won in 2018)

break 

Mesquite high school: 2:15 PM

Frisco Memorial high school: 2:30 PM

Gainesville high school: 2:45 PM

City View high school: 3:00 PM

Lovejoy high school: 3:15(won in 2019 and my school:)  

3:45 PM, finals announced 

On 9/14/2021 at 12:34 PM, Tubalord11 said:

Am predicting Lovejoy or Lonestar will win, with Bryon Nelson, Libery and azle not for behind. Everyone else is up in the air 

I'm a senior in Billy Ryan's band, so I'm a little bit biased but I think we will do great. Our show "pathways" is solid and our band program has gotten bigger every year. We also got a new assistant director from Rockwall HS and a percussion instructor from Keller HS.

2 hours ago, RyanRaider22 said:

I'm a senior in Billy Ryan's band, so I'm a little bit biased but I think we will do great. Our show "pathways" is solid and our band program has gotten bigger every year. We also got a new assistant director from Rockwall HS and a percussion instructor from Keller HS.

That’s great! I don’t know much about many of the bands other than Lovejoy Lonestar and Azle, but I cant wait to see y’all and compete :)

On 9/14/2021 at 12:34 PM, Tubalord11 said:

Am predicting Lovejoy or Lonestar will win, with Bryon Nelson, Libery and azle not for behind. Everyone else is up in the air 

I would agree with you that either Lovejoy or Lonestar will win. Both are great so it could be a very close one. The 10 bands that I would think could make finals would be Lovejoy, Lonestar, Liberty, Azle, Bryon Nelson, Kaufman, Mesquite, Garland, Pine Tree, and the final spot between Sanger, Alvord, and Memorial

2 hours ago, Dave609 said:

I would agree with you that either Lovejoy or Lonestar will win. Both are great so it could be a very close one. The 10 bands that I would think could make finals would be Lovejoy, Lonestar, Liberty, Azle, Bryon Nelson, Kaufman, Mesquite, Garland, Pine Tree, and the final spot between Sanger, Alvord, and Memorial

I wouldn’t leave out Ryan and Guyer. Based on competing against them at Area in 2019, I think they have better shots than Pine Teww, Mesquite, and Garland, and possibly Kaufman, but I’m just so happy this contest is so soon!

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I’m pretty sure they didn’t make it but I might be wrong. Im pretty sure it’s pine tree, and the 2 Denton schools but I might be wrong 

I'm in Ryan's band. We won best in our class and ranked way ahead of the other 2A bands and most of the 3A bands. Due to unfortunate timing, we had to leave and give up our finals spot. We were ranked overall in 7th in front of Pine tree and behind Frisco Liberty. Great job raiders!

Loved the Lovejoy show btw! :)

11 minutes ago, RyanRaider22 said:

I'm in Ryan's band. We won best in our class and ranked way ahead of the other 2A bands and most of the 3A bands. Due to unfortunate timing, we had to leave and give up our finals spot. We were ranked overall in 7th in front of Pine tree and behind Frisco Liberty. Great job raiders!

Loved the Lovejoy show btw! :)

Thank you so much 

Congrats to Guyer and Garland! So that means the top 10 were Lovejoy, Lone Star, Bryon Nelson, Mesquite, Memorial, Liberty, Azle, Pine Tree, Guyer, and Garland! Congrats to the top 10 and good luck! Also I'm sad to see that Kaufman didn't place tonight. Did anyone get to see the full results for Prelims?

22 minutes ago, Guyermom2022 said:

I am a Guyer band parent and stoked that the Guyer Wildcats are in the finals along with Garland. Kaufman did not place for this evening. Sorry to see that Ryan couldn’t participate tonight. 

17 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

Congrats to Guyer and Garland! So that means the top 10 were Lovejoy, Lone Star, Bryon Nelson, Mesquite, Memorial, Liberty, Azle, Pine Tree, Guyer, and Garland! Congrats to the top 10 and good luck! Also I'm sad to see that Kaufman didn't place tonight. Did anyone get to see the full results for Prelims?

Unless I suck at math, I thought there were 9 bands competing in finals after us at Ryan had to change plans? Did they let the 11th place band have our vacated spot?

27 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rDVKm1WeVtdqqRL78

Prelim score sheet :)