3:15 - Southlake Carroll H.S. 
3:30 - Prosper H.S. 
3:45 - Aledo H.S. 
4:00 - Wakeland H.S. 
4:15 - Keller H.S. 
4:30 - Trinity H.S.* 

4:45 - Prelims awards ceremony

*Exhibition

• Toasted Almond changed the title to 2021 HEB Marching Contest (Oct 2)
5 hours ago, Brego said:

This contest is just over 3 weeks away and the schedule is not yet posted on their website. Anyone have an inside track? So far, rumored bands are:

Aledo
Byron Nelson
Carroll 
Coppell
Flower Mound
Grapevine
Keller
Keller Central
L.D. Bell*
Marcus
Prosper
Saginaw
The Colony
Timber Creek
Trinity*
Wakeland

*Exhibition

Don't have any insider info but if all of these rumored bands attend that would be awesome. Has Timber Creek attended this marching contest before? I don't think they have.

1 Marcus/Keller- could honestly go both ways. I know Keller would in 2019 but Marcus did have a comp season last year so that might give them the advantage here. 

2. Marcus/Keller 

3. Prosper/Wakeland- just really depends on how clean they are 

4. Prosper/Wakeland 

5. Timber Creek 

6. Keller Central 

7. Carrol 

8. Aledo

9. The Colony 

10. Anyone else 

51 minutes ago, Brego said:

I wondered this same thing....

If that many bands will be competing, I personally think they shouldn't have a 10 band finals. It probably would be awkward and disappointing for the two bands that didn't make it. If it was 20 or more bands competing I would say yes, they should. But it doesn't seem like they have that many.

27 minutes ago, balumni2023 said:

If that many bands will be competing, I personally think they shouldn't have a 10 band finals. It probably would be awkward and disappointing for the two bands that didn't make it. If it was 20 or more bands competing I would say yes, they should. But it doesn't seem like they have that many.

I would assume they all get advanced to finals. cutting finals down will decrease the overall attendance for finals, and at the end of the day, this is a means of raising funds and to do so they will need butts in seats for finals.  

1. Flower Mound. I had to make sure my eyes were reading this right. THE FLOWER MOUND HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND IS ATTENDING HEB MARCHING. This is something you don't wanna miss. I swear to God, if this show does not win HEB Marching, God bless them at Grand Nationals. If they decide to do Wylie instead, God forbid them, then shift this up by 1. 

2. Marcus. Musically and visually, they're really good this year. There is absolutely no way Keller is gonna beat them. Compared the two school's drill, this one is definitely going to Marcus. Musically... I'm leading towards Marcus but Keller will have a great chance in winning music.

3. Keller. As explained above.

4. Wakeland. 5a gods don't @ me

5. Prosper. Decent show this year

6. Timber Creek. As expected

7. Keller Central. As expected

8. Southlake Carroll

9. Aledo

10. Grapevine (don't sleep on them fr fr)

11. (if no flomo, chances are) The Colony (or switch with the colony or grapevine, really up in the air)

Prelims Schedule

11:45 - TBA
12:00 - Grapevine H.S.
12:15 - Saginaw H.S.
12:30 - MacArthur H.S.
12:45 - Byron Nelson H.S.
1:00 - W.E. Boswell H.S.

1:15 - BREAK

1:30 - The Colony H.S.
1:45 - Forney H.S.
2:00 - Nimitz H.S.
2:15 - Timber Creek H.S.
2:30 - Keller Central H.S.
2:45 - Marcus H.S.

3:00 - BREAK

3:15 - Southlake Carroll H.S.
3:30 - Prosper H.S.
3:45 - Aledo H.S.
4:00 - Wakeland H.S.
4:15 - Keller H.S.
4:30 - Trinity H.S.*

4:45 - Prelims awards ceremony

*Exhibition

A few interesting bands I wasnt expecting.  Forney is often pretty good and I really dont know much about Byron Nelson's marching band program.  They remind me a lot of Southlake Carroll a few years ago in that there is good athletic programs and funding there- they just need to take the next step up to be competitive with so many strong groups in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Given with what we have so far, what we've seen with other contests, and what we could expect:

1. Marcus

2. Keller

3. Wakeland

4. Prosper

5. Southlake Carroll/Keller Central

6. KCent/SLC

// from here i have absolutely no clue and my marching band march madness bracket is absolutely destroyed. //

7. Timber Creek

8. Byron Nelson/Aledo

9. Aledo/Byron Nelson

10. Grapevine

1. Marcus, definitely up to some stuff this year. I am hoping that this will be the year they can finally beat keller at this contest hahaha. The program they’re fielding is definitely a marcus program but with a little bit of a dark side? It’s a nats year for them and real excited for them.

2. Keller, woo boy haven’t heard anything about this group since august. But I did go see Ld bell and Keller’s combined half time show and when keller did their solo portion with their dancers their band still sounded like typical keller! Am personally rooting for marcus at this comp but if keller wins I cant say i’ll be surprised or upset.

3. Southlake Carroll, 2nd place in prelims at Mansfield preview of champions? Woah. That’s exciting news, especially for an ensemble who’s first time making finals at a boa competition was just 2 years ago. I had several friends in attendance at poc and said I quote “SOUTHLAKE WAS SO AMAZING BRO I COULDNT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS HEARING” so I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what they saw.

4. Wakeland, what can I say? Wakeland is still gonna be wakeland this year. Haven’t heard much about their show except that they’re playing wine dark sea by john mackey, which is a pretty popular piece for marching bands. Can’t wait to see em. 

5. Keller central, ok, woah. Didn’t get to see their show but the results at conroe? Placing over pearland is definitely an accomplishment for this group. Really proud of them and looking forward to seeing what they hit us with at heb.

6. Prosper, haven’t seen their show but i’ve seen their uniforms and I can’t say i’m the biggest fan. But if it’s anything like we’ve seen prosper do in the last several years it’ll still be awesome.

7. Timber Creek, haven’t heard anything about this group all year other than they’ve shaped some stuff up from 2019. I don’t know anything about what they’ve been up to so hopefully it’s been good stuff!

8. Aledo, saw their drumline at heb and it was pretty cool stuff. Aledo is a great program but I don’t seem them placing over anyone i’ve put above them. Best of luck to them!

9. The Colony, for these last 2 there’s nothing i’ve really heard about either of them. I know both are pretty great programs and have great shots for finals, so I’m wishing both of them good luck!

10. Byron Nelson