Jump to content

2021 6A UIL SMBC (Nov. 8 & 9)


Recommended Posts

I still can’t believe that there are contests this fall for EVERY single class in UIL!  What a year.

The 6A state marching contest will be held in the Alamodome on Monday, November 8 with prelims lasting all day long followed by finals on the afternoon of Tuesday, November 9.

As a reminder, the 2A class bands will have prelims the morning of Tuesday the 9th with finals being held that evening after the completion of the 6A class.

The 4A class competition is to be held all day on Wednesday, November 10.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, J-Mike16 said:

I am pumped for the fall! It will be full mayhem from start to finish! 6A will be a bloodbath and I expect JBA to finish in the top 20 (maybe even top 15) !!!!!!!

I wish I could just stay in San Antonio for two weeks but I’m headed to Indy for GN. Guess I’ll have to catch it on Box5TV. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2021 at 5:12 PM, LeanderMomma said:

I still can’t believe that there are contests this fall for EVERY single class in UIL!  What a year.

The 6A state marching contest will be held in the Alamodome on Monday, November 8 with prelims lasting all day long followed by finals on the afternoon of Tuesday, November 9.

As a reminder, the 2A class bands will have prelims the morning of Tuesday the 9th with finals being held that evening after the completion of the 6A class.

The 4A class competition is to be held all day on Wednesday, November 10.

 

This used to happen every year decades ago. Every class, prelims and finals, and all on one Saturday in Austin (most years).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 11:11 PM, LeanderMomma said:

That’s mind boggling to me. All in one day?!!

Yes, all in one day! Every large stadium in Austin was in use during the prelims during the day and the finalists performed in the evening at UT's Memorial Stadium. Of course, there were only 5 finalists per class. Still, it was a long day. You pretty much had to pick which class you wanted to watch in the prelims. I mainly went to Burger stadium to watch the 5A groups. There were no 6A's back then and many of the top bands today didn't exist at that time and their schools weren't built yet. Some of the big names in those days - Westfield, De Soto, Crockett, Duncanville, Klein, Spring, Permian, MacArthur, Cooper, and Churchill just to name a few.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Hard Core Band Fan said:

Yes, all in one day! Every large stadium in Austin was in use during the prelims during the day and the finalists performed in the evening at UT's Memorial Stadium. Of course, there were only 5 finalists per class. Still, it was a long day. You pretty much had to pick which class you wanted to watch in the prelims. I mainly went to Burger stadium to watch the 5A groups. There were no 6A's back then and many of the top bands today didn't exist at that time and their schools weren't built yet. Some of the big names in those days - Westfield, De Soto, Crockett, Duncanville, Klein, Spring, Permian, MacArthur, Cooper, and Churchill just to name a few.

Let's see... Big name 6A/5A bands/schools that didn't even exist in the mid-80's... CTJ, Ronald Reagan, James Bowie, Cedar Park, Vista Ridge, Vandegrift, Cedar Ridge, Hendrickson, Hebron...  The list could go on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Wish UIL would confirm the Alamodome for UIL 2A/4A/6A State contest, still have it as site TBD in the web page 😕   Anyone know if they confirmed with the Alamodome yet and just have not updated the website?
 

Open Class Contest

2021 1A/3A/5A Contest: November 1, 2, 3
Alamodome: San Antonio

*2021 2A/4A/6A Contest: November 8, 9, 10
Site: To Be Determine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 10:47 AM, gregorydf01 said:

Wish UIL would confirm the Alamodome for UIL 2A/4A/6A State contest, still have it as site TBD in the web page 😕   Anyone know if they confirmed with the Alamodome yet and just have not updated the website?
 

Open Class Contest

2021 1A/3A/5A Contest: November 1, 2, 3
Alamodome: San Antonio

*2021 2A/4A/6A Contest: November 8, 9, 10
Site: To Be Determine

Back in earlier months of summer (June-ish) the website DID say the Alamodome was the location for 2A/4A/6A, but now.... TBD? (I noticed this change as well recently)

I keep stalking to see when the venue will be officially announced. #ImpatientlyPatientlyWaiting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...