2021 6A UIL SMBC (Nov. 8 & 9)

Just now, BandFan59 said:

I don't think anyone is surprised by Hebron's lead right now. They're peaking at the perfect time. Man do I wish this show was going to Grand Nationals. Vandegrift and Flower Mound was who I had rounding out the medals going into this as well.

if hebron went to grand nats this year i could honestly see it winning the whole thing. there simply are no words to describe how clean and unmatched its become over the past month. i also think they will definitely become the 6A champs

1 minute ago, danielneubecker said:

if hebron went to grand nats this year i could honestly see it winning the whole thing. there simply are no words to describe how clean and unmatched its become over the past month. i also think they will definitely become the 6A champs

It would be without a doubt the best show they have taken there (360 and Among the Stars were FANTASTIC but Penstriped is on a different level for me). Broken Arrow this year though is looking incredible, the best they've looked since 2016. To see those two go up against each other like in 2015 would be magnificent.

1 minute ago, BandFan59 said:

It would be without a doubt the best show they have taken there (360 and Among the Stars were FANTASTIC but Penstriped is on a different level for me). Broken Arrow this year though is looking incredible, the best they've looked since 2016. To see those two go up against each other like in 2015 would be magnificent.

I can’t imagine hearing this much positivity about Hebron’s potential just several weeks ago, just proves how much things can change when you get to show everyone why you’re one of the CONSISTENT top performing marching bands in the state and in the country, along with the marvelous musical capabilities that are fairly unrivaled in the activity, trying to phrase it as humbly as I can, hopefully I did that. I think it’s just a matter of embracing and not taking for granted what they bring to the table for all of us that get the opportunity to watch them, as I know I always do when I see them, I just take it all in😊

22 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

I can’t imagine hearing this much positivity about Hebron’s potential just several weeks ago, just proves how much things can change when you get to show everyone why you’re one of the CONSISTENT top performing marching bands in the state and in the country, along with the marvelous musical capabilities that are fairly unrivaled in the activity, trying to phrase it as humbly as I can, hopefully I did that. I think it’s just a matter of embracing and not taking for granted what they bring to the table for all of us that get the opportunity to watch them, as I know I always do when I see them, I just take it all in😊

I think it took everyone seeing them in person to get it (or at least it did for me). I may not understand the theme if they have one, but my attention was unwavering the entire show because of the absurd level of demand and then EQUAL level of execution those kids were pulling off. Gave me and the other techs I was sitting with a lot to talk about design wise. I'm normally all about thematic shows (hello Woodlands) but it was immediately apparent Hebron is just on a different level this year after watching finals in San Antonio. 

6 minutes ago, box5sop said:

I think it took everyone seeing them in person to get it (or at least it did for me). I may not understand the theme if they have one, but my attention was unwavering the entire show because of the absurd level of demand and then EQUAL level of execution those kids were pulling off. Gave me and the other techs I was sitting with a lot to talk about design wise. I'm normally all about thematic shows (hello Woodlands) but it was immediately apparent Hebron is just on a different level this year after watching finals in San Antonio. 

That’s pretty much what I’m getting at. I’m personally already on board with anything I see from them, and I got to see them early hs football season EARLY, and they were already so good only seeing like 3 minutes of the show at that point😂 and also then a month later seeing them at BOA DFW always taking my place right up close just to the right of the 50, fully expecting to be blown away and still walking away amazed, for me the night was won by them, even then but the scores said otherwise. I think the direction that the students get at Hebron isn’t often discussed either, the students always are on the ball, focused and prepared, and it shows, always seeming like they make the challenge even more difficult every year when we’re all thinking, how does a high school do this? To begin with😂