2021 6A UIL SMBC (Nov. 8 & 9)

1 hour ago, BandFan14 said:

They were both great! Hard to compare when they have such differing approaches. Hebron has very difficult music and drill, doing both at the same time, and has a lot of incredible solos. Vandy is unmatched visuals and dance with beautifully integrated and performed music, with very few solos. Not sure how the judges even approach such diversity in show style.

Let’s not forget, a whole multitude of WW and Brass ensemble/section features as well for Hebron, I really wouldn’t say it’s that heavily soloistic even though of course there are moments👀

11 minutes ago, principalagent said:

The Marching Band from Flower Mound 
Presents a lot of Joy to be Found 

But if a Championship is to be Won
They need to pull out a better Run

This is amazing! Hahaha! I love the show and it is very difficult and very entertaining. Their visual is amazing - some of the sets are just absolute perfection and they are going places with a purpose and uniformity of individual movement. 

But I agree with the poem. For me, Hebron and Vandy, maybe also Marcus are musically ahead of them. So combine that with incredible visual from Vandy and Hebron and it’s going to be a (not impossible) but tough challenge for them, I think. Also, who knows about our new wildcard, the content/design category and how that will affect things.

Flower Mound had a run with a lot of timing and tuning issues. Tuning is an easy fix, but the kids are super spread out across the field the entire show and they’re juggling tons of responsibilities. Unless they had booked time at The Star or Jerry World, it’s also their first Dome performance of the season while all of their competition has had two runs already.

However, the show itself is incredible. And the biggest difference from Vitrify is that the kids are bought in and performing. I think that’ll take them a long way this week. Medal is far far FAR from out of the question tomorrow and Saturday. 

and the outro SLAYED me.