2021 5A UIL SMBC (Nov. 1 & 2)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the UIL doesn't like that info getting out until after the contest is done. I mean, there's a reason that they (and also BOA for that matter) don't post the full recaps until after finals is finished.

Also, I think another reason is that they don't want to chance the finals judges from seeing those results and possibly allowing them to form an opinion before the first band of finals even takes the field. Whether that would actually happen, I don't know. But why even take that risk with so much on the line.

I think we can just chill and wait an extra day before pouring over the results. And also, it just adds to the suspense of finals retreat.

2 minutes ago, ppianissimo said:

We still have a long way until prelims are over, let's talk about it then. 

For now, let's talk about the bands that have performed so far. Who were your favorites? :) 

Agreed.

Wakeland was definitely the top group of that block. I'm not entirely sure where Summit fits into that block (really hard to set my bias aside). El Paso Hanks and Rio Grande City were absolutely wonderful too. Loved seeing McCallum, Fulshear and A&M Consolidated for the first time.

On another note, it's really making it hard to focus on work with so many great programs (WFH for the win).

43 minutes ago, ppianissimo said:

We still have a long way until prelims are over, let's talk about it then. 

For now, let's talk about the bands that have performed so far. Who were your favorites? :) 

Wakeland and Mccollum were amazing, and I really enjoyed roma as well personally, they all had cool shows

38 minutes ago, Bandmomx4 said:

Hey how’s the parking situation around the dome?  We heard about park of the parking lot being used for a Covid vaccine site, and didn’t know how much that affected parking availability.  

just forwarded an email from your booster/crew to our person that is overseeing the BOA-SA event and the parking situation - I will post more on the parking on our #teamtexas page later this afternoon on best way to get in and out of dome this weekend for BOA-SA as soon as I have it.

41 minutes ago, Bandmomx4 said:

Hey how’s the parking situation around the dome?  We heard about park of the parking lot being used for a Covid vaccine site, and didn’t know how much that affected parking availability.  

Earlier today some of our folks said it was fun and parked nearby...but it's an easy walk.