2021 5A UIL SMBC (Nov. 1 & 2)

5A UIL Prelims Schedule for Monday, November 1. 

Rio Grande City HS 9:00
Hanks HS 9:15 
Summit HS 9:30
Wakeland HS 9:45
Poteet HS 10:00
A&M Consolidated HS 10:15
Roma HS 10:30
Fulshear HS 10:45
McCallum HS 11:00

Rouse HS 12:00
Lubbock Cooper HS 12:15
Burleson Centennial HS 12:30
Highland Park HS 12:45
Friendswood HS 1:00
Porter HS 1:15
Wylie East HS 1:30
Lopez HS 1:45

Colleyville Heritage HS 2:30
Cedar Park HS 2:45
Hendrickson HS 3:00
Randall HS 3:15
Lone Star HS 3:30
Sharyland HS 3:45
Foster HS 4:00
Forney HS 4:15

College Station HS 5:30
Horizon HS 5:45
Aledo HS 6:00
Lebanon Trail HS 6:15
Leander HS 6:30
Dripping Springs HS 6:45
Sharyland Pioneer HS 7:00
Bel Air HS 7:15

Edited by LeanderMomma
Prelims schedule

• 2 weeks later...

After my daughter graduated in 2020, and a year of COVID, my son will be a Freshman at Rouse this year. Not to jinx anything, but we already made our hotel reservations for State. Looking forward to an awesome year. Rouse HS show reveal and mini camp at the end of the school year has everyone fired up. Its gonna be a good year!

5 hours ago, propsquaddad said:

After my daughter graduated in 2020, and a year of COVID, my son will be a Freshman at Rouse this year. Not to jinx anything, but we already made our hotel reservations for State. Looking forward to an awesome year. Rouse HS show reveal and mini camp at the end of the school year has everyone fired up. Its gonna be a good year!

Can’t wait!!

• 3 months later...
On 6/25/2021 at 4:11 PM, propsquaddad said:

I feel like this comment has aged well. ?

13 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

I feel like this comment has aged well. ?

It is going to be a very interesting year for 5A UIL for sure. Right now I think the biggest unknown for 5A is Highland Park. Everyone sort of knows where everyone else stands at this point. However, Highland Park doesn't really compete outside of UIL so nobody really tracks them but they were REALLY good in 2019. 

3 minutes ago, propsquaddad said:

Is Weiss still a 5A school? I know in BOA they are now a class AAAA. I know the classifications are different, but most of the AAAA BOA schools are 6A UIL. 

I think they grew to be 6A this year, but since realignments are every 2 years they haven't officially changed yet. I did the math to their 2020 numbers and I don't think they have 180 freshmen compared to the rest of the school to be UIL 5A and BOA AAAA at the same time

33 minutes ago, Dog885 said:

I think they grew to be 6A this year, but since realignments are every 2 years they haven't officially changed yet. I did the math to their 2020 numbers and I don't think they have 180 freshmen compared to the rest of the school to be UIL 5A and BOA AAAA at the same time

Makes sense, they will probably get bumped up to 6A when the realignment happens at the end of this school year.  

7 minutes ago, abtwitch said:

Summit and Johnson need to be in this conversation now after their incredible performances at Midland

Yeah, I would like to take "Things I never thought I would hear 10 years ago" for $200, please.

But seriously, Summit has taken a lot of great strides the last few years. I still think it's too early for them to be in this conversation yet on account of they need to get through a tough Area F first. But I am very excited to see just how far they go this year.

On 10/3/2021 at 5:53 PM, ViewFromTheBox said:

Yeah, I would like to take "Things I never thought I would hear 10 years ago" for $200, please.

But seriously, Summit has taken a lot of great strides the last few years. I still think it's too early for them to be in this conversation yet on account of they need to get through a tough Area F first. But I am very excited to see just how far they go this year.

I hope they can be in the discussion since this is my son's senior year. ?