UIL Region Results Megasheet

8 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Genuine question regarding area/region placement:

Why are the Austin ISD/ Round Rock bands not in the same area as Leander/Lake Travis/Westlake? Are they not geographically closer to each other than the San Antonio schools they’re grouped with?

Same with San Antonio. Why are they grouped into two different areas? CTJ’s district is in a different area than Brandeis’ but they’re both geographically closer to each other than Austin?

What region do the AISD bands even participate in? Is it the same as Round Rocks? If so why exactly is it like this? I’m new to all this so I’m just trying to figure it out.

It's done for balancing cause if you had Vandegrift, Vista Ridge, Lake Travis, and Westlake and in the same area as Round Rock, Westwood, Cedar Ridge, and James Bowie, you'd have potential state finalists not even making state. They're split up to ensure that all of the best bands are making it to state. 

11 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Genuine question regarding area/region placement:

Why are the Austin ISD/ Round Rock bands not in the same area as Leander/Lake Travis/Westlake? Are they not geographically closer to each other than the San Antonio schools they’re grouped with?

Same with San Antonio. Why are they grouped into two different areas? CTJ’s district is in a different area than Brandeis’ but they’re both geographically closer to each other than Austin?

What region do the AISD bands even participate in? Is it the same as Round Rocks? If so why exactly is it like this? I’m new to all this so I’m just trying to figure it out.

Others may have a much better answer than me but it doesn't look as odd if you look at the alignment map for Regions, Area H is composed of Regions 32, 29 and 11.   It's a big state and the 3 regions are adjacent and cover more South and west of Austin.

image.png.3379df52522029402dc0206deebcfc10.png 

Only one region contest today, and that's Region 25 2A-4A. Originally Region 3 3A/5A and Region 20 6A were supposed to occur today, but they've been pushed to next week (as is now reflected in the spreadsheet.

Yesterday was a big first day! Congratulations to Rivercrest, a 2A in Region 4 for getting their first 1 in marching band in school history!

We also got to see every region that makes up 5A Area F, so we now know that there will be 22 bands competing for 4 state spots. 

A majority of 6A Area B regions had their contest yesterday and all that remains is Region 20, but it is looking like that Area will unfortunately only be taking 5 to state this year.

Other Areas effected by yesterday's results are 6A and 5A Area H and 5A Area C. No big surprises for those contests other than only 4/5 of the 5As in Region 4 getting a 1, which has a small chance of putting the 5th state spot in Area C in jeopardy. 

23 hours ago, abtwitch said:

Edited the original post, there is now a link to a second spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zr5UfrRdfXCtw2f-DVBWbim6uTtCnG4zwFev_9MNdwU/edit?usp=sharing) which has the programs organized into their Areas and shows the maximum possible number of state spots. The bands with an asterisk by their name are bands that will qualify for Area regardless of how they score, more will be added if regions don't reach the minimum of 2 bands per class advancing. 

What does it mean if their school name is in bold? 

Alright, I've got all the UIL results that came in today, still waiting on some of Region 28 and all of Regions 15 and 17. If anyone has the results before Texas Music Forms gets them up it would be appreciated if you could post them here.

EDIT: I stayed up long enough to see the rest of Region 28 and 15, Region 17 continues to be an enigma

8 hours ago, PSHSMom said:

All the Region 25 bands received a one.  For 6A that is Plano, Plano East and West.  Allen and Wylie.  I believe all the 5A schools did as well.

Awesome news for Allen. They missed out Area last cycle because of some timing issues at region. Great news to see them get to advance this year.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, abtwitch said:

Edited the original post, there is now a link to a second spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zr5UfrRdfXCtw2f-DVBWbim6uTtCnG4zwFev_9MNdwU/edit?usp=sharing) which has the programs organized into their Areas and shows the maximum possible number of state spots. The bands with an asterisk by their name are bands that will qualify for Area regardless of how they score, more will be added if regions don't reach the minimum of 2 bands per class advancing. 

Thank you so much for doing this!

On 10/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, abtwitch said:

In 3A, Buna and Harleton are attending the state military contest.

The 6A Area F Regionals are complete and 26 bands qualified for Area but three of those bands are not attending Area so only 23 will compete.  An additional band is attending Area but will elect not to go to state.  Is it certain there will be five and not four that will advance to State from Area F even with Kingwood and Atascocita declaring for Military state competition?  I know the rule says “qualifying” rather than “attending” but just thought I would double check with one of the experts here given this is the first full year since state UIL Military contest started.