UIL Region Results Megasheet

On 5/17/2021 at 3:19 PM, LeanderMomma said:

Four 5A Leander bands will be competing in UIL this year.

Cedar Park HS

Glenn Hs

Leander HS 

Rouse HS

Will they all medal?  Or will a new band/district dominate 5A in 2021?

Boy am I glad LISD is no longer in 5A Area D. That would be a fun competition though!

• 4 months later...

Region contests are coming up in the next few weeks and Area specific threads are popping up every few hours, which means this is relevant. I've updated the spreadsheet to show who is signed up for region (according to https://www.texasmusicforms.com/marchrptuilpublic.asp) and there is also a new color coding system: green = made state and yellow = made area finals (or top 7 if not enough for finals). State is updated back to 2014, but Area is only back to 2017 since it's a bit more difficult to find results from before then.

On 10/3/2021 at 5:54 PM, abtwitch said:

Region contests are coming up in the next few weeks and Area specific threads are popping up every few hours, which means this is relevant. I've updated the spreadsheet to show who is signed up for region (according to https://www.texasmusicforms.com/marchrptuilpublic.asp) and there is also a new color coding system: green = made state and yellow = made area finals (or top 7 if not enough for finals). State is updated back to 2014, but Area is only back to 2017 since it's a bit more difficult to find results from before then.

Hey if you need Area Results from 2016 and 2015, I have them.  I have every results from Area from 2015-2021 (When it happens), excluding 2A in 2017 

Region 22 had their contest yesterday, a few things of note:

There are only 15 bands in 6A Area A and Socorro got a 2 which, means there will only be a max of 2 bands going to state (barring bad judges rule). 

All but 3 5A bands in the region got a 1 yesterday, which bodes well for 5A Area A potentially taking 5 bands to state instead of just 4 like in 2019.

Fabens is a 4A band right by the New Mexico and they just got straight 1s from all 3 judges. I'd have to look back to see when the last time they got a 1 at region, but this is the first time in quite a while for sure. The spreadsheet goes back to 2014 and they were making 3s at that time. Not sure if this impacts how many bands who will go to state, but it's always great to see a band find new success.

Tomorrow we've got quite a few region contests, here's what we've got:

Region 4: 

Class 1A

Class 2A, 4A (Area C)

Class 5A (Area C)

Region 5:

Class 4A (Area D)

Class 5A (Area F)

Class 6A (Area B )

Region 30:

Class 5A (Area F)

Class 6A (Area B )

Region 31:

Class 4A (Area B )

Class 5A (Area F)

Class 6A (Area B )

Region 32:

Class 5A (Area H)

Class 6A (Area H)

Region 5 Results (I'll be updating them in this post):

4A

Benbrook - 1

Midlothian Heritage - 1

Carter-Riverside - 1

5A (complete)

Arlington Heights - 1

Juan Seguin - 2

Legacy - 1

Midlothian - 1

North Side - 1

Polytechnic - 2

South Hills - 2

Southwest - 1

Summit - 1

Timberview - 1

6A (Complete)

Arlington - 1

Bowie - 2

Cedar Hill - 1

Lake Ridge - 1

Lamar - 1

Mansfield - 1

Martin - 1

Paschal - 1

Sam Houston - 2

South Grand Prairie - 1

1 hour ago, ViewFromTheBox said:

Yeah, despite being just down the road from the stadium, I can't attend the Region 5 contest, but I have my eyes on it on the website. Seems like the region is getting them up very quickly (possibly before they're even announced in the stadium).

I'm here, waiting for Summit! 

1 hour ago, Senior22Dad said:

Looks like we have 15 bands qualified for 5A Area F so far. Just looking at the Region 5 roster, it looks like a tall order to get the other 10 needed to get that 5th state qualifier. ? 

Up to 19 now in Area F with five more going on now in the last block for 5A.

Genuine question regarding area/region placement:

Why are the Austin ISD/ Round Rock bands not in the same area as Leander/Lake Travis/Westlake? Are they not geographically closer to each other than the San Antonio schools they’re grouped with?

Same with San Antonio. Why are they grouped into two different areas? CTJ’s district is in a different area than Brandeis’ but they’re both geographically closer to each other than Austin?

What region do the AISD bands even participate in? Is it the same as Round Rocks? If so why exactly is it like this? I’m new to all this so I’m just trying to figure it out.