2021 BOA Grand Nationals (Nov. 11-13)

1 hour ago, An Inspirational Pinecone said:

Recaps are up and a closer look at BA's score...

19.9 and 19.8 music GE, 19.8 vis GE. Only .5 away from a perfect GE score. I don't think that'll ever get touched for the rest of time.

Hebron actually did, in their previous record breaking semis performance

8 hours ago, Mash said:

How does the Rose Bowl Invitation work?  exciting for Vista for sure.

my understanding of the process, is that programs are asked if they would accept the invitation if it was offered because it is an expensive trip. the highest ranking program in finals that said that they would accept receives the invite. 

the other option is to submit a packet to attend the TOR parade. that process is very extensive and is in short a book to justify why your program should get an invite.

it is an amazing trip for the kids. in addition to the parade, there is a bandfest field show event at Pasadena City Collège. kids really enjoy the trip and miss no school. Congrats to Vista Ridge and we will all be cheering on our Texas Bands in Jan 2022 - Hebron and Vista Ridge in 2023

Alright, Broken Arrow, you win. I've never seen such a perfect show come out of a high school. Congratulations on your victory!

Also, congratulations to Vista Ridge on their Rose Parade invite! I'll be watching!

I joined this party a little late this season. I can't wait for next year. Congratulations to every Texas Band on your victories this marching season! See y'all next fall!

13 hours ago, An Inspirational Pinecone said:

Insane scores all around, congrats to BA for the new record, congrats to my alum TWHS on the insane score (extremely proud of them). Gotta say I'm still upset at BOA's inconsistency when it comes to scores across competitions. CTJ and Ronald Reagan both somehow dropped by 3 points between SA and GN? I know for a fact it wasn't this hard to jump from bottom half to top half cause DB pushed us out back in 2017. Also Vista at 12th? And below a 90?

Yeah, Vista was 9th in prelims (92.5), 11th in semi (91.225), then 12th in finals (89.9).  I thought their best run was finals, but had the lowest score.  Also interesting is BA had 97.5 in prelims - so the gap between BA-Vista grew from 5.0 points to 8.3 points.  They played back to back in prelims and semis.  

My guess is when judging a smaller group the scores might spread out a bit as there is a bit more room to maneuver.  

Well, my high school marching season is now officially over. Thank you to everyone on this website for the sheets, vids and everything else in between! Getting to go to Nationals my senior year and see the BOA record set in person was just something special! Of course having no TX bands in the top 3 was sad, and I didn’t agree with a good amount of the placements, particularly Dobyns well… not being 12th or at least not I’m front of VR and Regan, but wow, those top 6 we’re just on fire last night, and all the bands did amazing! Congratulations to Broken Arrow and to everyone else! 

9 hours ago, TenorSaxMan16 said:

I do feel as though Vista was Robbed with points. idk if it was about them going right before broken arrow and they were comparing Broken Arrow to Vista. I just feel like they should've got in the 90 range.

I feel like Vista Ridge and Round Rock were lowballed this year, both were really good, and personally I think Round Rock deserves more credit than they get

3 hours ago, ReveriesOp24 said:

I feel like Vista Ridge and Round Rock were lowballed this year, both were really good, and personally I think Round Rock deserves more credit than they get

No, unfortunately, Round Rock was placed appropriately. They are going to need more tools in the box to compete. I wished better for them, but they just didn't have enough of what so many others had. Time for them to step it up. And by "they", I mean the directors in choosing a better design team and teaching that design team's music and drill. With the right show and vision, they are completely capable of being in the mix again.