2021 BOA Waco (Oct. 30)

Summit: I really don’t know what to say that I’ve already said. The growth of this program the last five years has been nothing short of an incredible! This show is so good all the way through. Y’all are playing music we never would have thought of on the field, and you perform it at a very high level. Probably me favorite show I’ve ever seen from Summit (and Spotlights is no slouch).  Great job this year, y’all!

1 hour ago, BandFan59 said:

93.6 is incredibly high for a regional. Scores might be a bit inflated here near the top. But Cedar Park is incredible this year and I'm so happy they finally have a BOA regional title. Definitely the favorite to win state again.

I don't feel that way at all about the scoring tonight. That was one heck of a performance tonight from Cedar Park. Other scores were mostly inline with previous contests for every other band. 

12 - LASA  - Austin area (but didn't have battery or really march much - wonderful show. I loved it)

11 - Burleson Centennial - DFW

10 - Midlothian - DFW

9 - Rock Hill - DFW

8 - Colleyville Heritage - DFW

7 - Summit - DFW

6 - Aledo - DFW

5 - Hendrickson - Austin area

4 - Johnson - Austin area

3 - Bowie - Austin

2 - Rouse - Austin area

1 - Cedar Park Austin area

Weird coincidence?  

It's certainly unusual.

3 minutes ago, Spitfire78 said:

12 - LASA  - Austin area (but didn't have battery or really march much - wonderful show. I loved it)

11 - Burleson Centennial - DFW

10 - Midlothian - DFW

9 - Rock Hill - DFW

8 - Colleyville Heritage - DFW

7 - Summit - DFW

6 - Aledo - DFW

5 - Hendrickson - Austin area

4 - Johnson - Austin area

3 - Bowie - Austin

2 - Rouse - Austin area

1 - Cedar Park Austin area

Weird coincidence?  

It's certainly unusual.

Not sure what you're implying or if you were at the contest but if you have followed the trajectory if these bands over the last several years (with a few exceptions) it doesn't appear unusual at all. If you were at the contest I'm sure you watched what happened on the field and the results shouldn't appear unusual. It is just a quirk of the contest.  

Not implying anything. 

Just pointing out a weird coincidence.

As far as the "trajectory", Summit was sandwiched between Hendrickson and Johnson in the final results at BOA Midland - they're certainly competing at that level.

Aledo has a fantastic show too. I fully expect them to advance at state.

I just found it unusual that there was such a geographic division in the results.

My wife and I both loved Aledo's show. It was our first time seeing them live this year. Great show and it will do well at state. 

Rock Hill really surprised me. They have a wonderful future at the pointy end of contests. 

Seeing Burleson Centennial bring out The Bluecoats Jagged Line stage was a treat. Them using the heck out of was cool. The percussion feature was a blast. 

DFW has been dominated by certain bands for a long time. If they were in attendance tonight I'm sure there wouldn't be such an odd co-inky-dink with final placements.