2021 BOA Waco (Oct. 30)

1 hour ago, BandFan59 said:

Slightly unfortunate draw for Rouse, being the first band of the top half to perform. I'm sure they're going to do fantastic though.

What does "first band of the top half" mean, if you don't mind me asking? Aren't they assigned random performance order? 

1 hour ago, jmj said:

This is a great group- 6 will face off again at 5A State. 

Exciting to see Johnson and Rock Hill who were both well placed at their 5A Area contests, but weren’t enough spots.

Great job Summit in the top 6! 

How do you know Summit was in the top six? Are there score sheets out? 

3 minutes ago, Quadmom68 said:

So we can't assume where they were ranked after prelims, we just know that they were either in top half or bottom half? 

Partially, you can’t know with 100% certainty the prelims rankings based on the finals schedule but you can have a narrowed estimate. 

You do know that the top half placed 7th-12th in prelims and the bottom half placed 1st-6th. You don’t know where exactly they placed because within the top/bottom half those performance times are in random order. 

5 minutes ago, Quadmom68 said:

So we can't assume where they were ranked after prelims, we just know that they were either in top half or bottom half? 

Correct. Although technically I can piece together that Summit is at least top 5 since Hendrickson is 3A and In the top six and Summit beat them based on the announced 3A prelims top 3.

8 minutes ago, Quadmom68 said:

Generally yes, but you can also judge where certain bands are in the rankings based off the prelim awards. For example, since Hendrickson is in the second half of finals, we know that they are in the top 6. But because they did not place top 3 in class AAA, we know they did not place top 3 in prelims, so they could be 4-6. You can do this with other bands and get a pretty good idea of where everyone placed in prelims. Most people just stick with the bottom half top half split though since ranks tend to change a lot in those halves but rarely does a band move up to the top half or down to the bottom half.

3 minutes ago, ViewFromTheBox said:

Midlothian: This show has been a gem of a show to watch this season (I am not apologizing for that pun). I love the visual impact of the guard. And the music is just incredible. Congrats on a great season this year!

Great music! Journey Through the Snow is such a perfect ballad. Gives me goosebumps here just like it does when I go to the ballet.