2021 BOA DFW (Oct. 9)

Wow, Coppell was phenomenal!! I love their new uniforms with the teal and maroon colors, it really makes them all stand out on the field. The ballad is BEAUTIFUL, with the many different colored flags and the two dancers in the center. They sound as good as they always have, and the visual book is excellently executed as well. This show is going to do excellent this season.

Just now, Origin said:

Coppell - Wow, tons of props. The music is very fitting. Awesome large guard. Percussion is awesome too. Looks like the whole show is on the field. Just really really impressive all around. They always seem to get scored lower than I think they will, so hopefully that doesn’t happen this time. 

Nice to see the "Mothership" again (Mandarin's, Vista Ridge's and now Coppell's big rotating platform)!   I liked the way they used it with the center prop. and paint scheme.   I agree they looked and sounded really good!   Hope to see them in finals!

1 minute ago, Origin said:

Waxahachie plays so well! They need to commit to that ballad jam out part so that moment really clicks. I wanna know the significance of the different people on the props. 

It was definitely the spot you could tell that they enjoy playing the most, i personally felt a lot of energy down here close to the field on the 50 but it may register differently in other parts of the stands!

Just now, Vidal28 said:

It was definitely the spot you could tell that they enjoy playing the most, i personally felt a lot of energy down here close to the field on the 50 but it may register differently in other parts of the stands!

I’m watching online, but I was more talking about the moment visually. I could see them kindof grooving to the music and wanted them to really go for it.

Just now, BandFan59 said:

Keller plays very well, but visually I think it's just a little bit lacking right now. There's just something missing to give the show an extra oomph.

They’ve always been late bloomers. In 2018 they didn’t have their full performance on the field until San Antonio prelims. They cut it a little tight but they always make it work in the longer run.

9 minutes ago, BandFan59 said:

Keller plays very well, but visually I think it's just a little bit lacking right now. There's just something missing to give the show an extra oomph.

Hard agree. I love how the prop was used in the ballad and wish they were better utilized through the show. The prop usage in the ballad reminded me of a Flanagan World Guard show, and I wish they did more of that.

Ugh, I’m kindof obsessed with this Flower Mound show. It’s so weird! Having two jam out (idk what to call it lol) sections back to back was interesting. I wasn’t expecting to see the full show! I’ve definitely seen video of them giving a cleaner performance, but ima blame the heat. Still don’t know if I love the field setup (seeing band and guard members going through the front ensemble scares me lol)

Flower Mound improved so much in a week from the Wylie competition! Visually their forms were impeccable and they still sound phenomenal. The first opening hit is one of my favorites this season. The playfulness and theme of the show is starting to come together for me, I really enjoyed the choreography with the battery and front ensemble jamming out. I still don't know if this is a Grand Nationals winning show, but it's definitely going in the right direction.

My top 3 after prelims:

Hebron - Music, GE

marcus - Visual

Flower Mound

All 3 were stellar in their own right, I just wasn’t super wowed by Flower Mound when compared to the other 2. I won’t be surprised if they win prelims based on how early the other 2 went, but I think that the prelims placements will change tonight.

My (probably incorrect) prediction of the 12 finalists (in no particular order):

Timber Creek

LD Bell

Marcus

Flower Mound

Forney

Keller

Lone Star

Wakeland 

Waxahachie

Hebron (I think they win prelims)

Coppell

Southlake Carroll

-Just Out-

Haltom 

James Martin

Aledo

Keller Central 

Centennial

56 minutes ago, Origin said:

My (probably incorrect) prediction of the 12 finalists (in no particular order):

Timber Creek

LD Bell

Marcus

Flower Mound

Forney

Keller

Lone Star

Wakeland 

Waxahachie

Hebron (I think they win prelims)

Coppell

Southlake Carroll

-Just Out-

Haltom 

James Martin

Aledo

Keller Central 

Centennial

Impressed with myself that I got 11/12, but I’m SHOCKED that Waxahachie didn’t make it :(

Finalists:

• Flower Mound
  • Timber Creek
  • Southlake Carroll
  • Coppell
  • Aledo
  • Marcus
  • Keller
  • Lone Star
  • Wakeland
  • Hebron
  • Forney