2021 BOA DFW (Oct. 9)

LD Bell’s guard is massive this year which makes no sense to me because the band looks a bit smaller. I usually have complaints with Cartwright shows, but will Bell, I think it really works visually. All the props shape the field in a way that makes the band feel bigger than it actually is. Frankly, I was expecting a cleaner performance especially since the whole show doesn’t seem to be on the field, but it was still quite solid. The soloist in the ballad was awesome. 

1 minute ago, Origin said:

LD Bell’s guard is massive this year which makes no sense to me because the band looks a bit smaller. I usually have complaints with Cartwright shows, but will Bell, I think it really works visually. All the props shape the field in a way that makes the band feel bigger than it actually is. Frankly, I was expecting a cleaner performance especially since the whole show doesn’t seem to be on the field, but it was still quite solid. The soloist in the ballad was awesome. 

Yeah theyre guard is massive. In total they have 3 parts down, 5 in total.

1 hour ago, BandDad4 said:

For this year I honestly think Keller is ranked to high. I saw their show this past week and just was not impressed. I don't know if the year off took a step back or not, but they did not seem like the old Keller we are used to seeing.

I dont know if you remember their 2019 show, Fearless, but I felt very similarly for the first part of the season because Keller always plays the long game and doesn't have the whole show out until their final competitions.  The closer that year never got cleaned exceptionally well but was awesome.  Very crazy drill and exceptional music.  I expect something similar this year which is why it is taking them so long to get the show on the field.

I don’t think I realized how little Marcus had on the field, but I absolutely love it so far. Musically they’re regal and under control, with such a beautiful and transparent sound. The ballad was particularly lovely in that aspect. Also these are some really great arrangements! Visually the guard pops and the two red and yellow soloists work so well. This is a great show. 

Haltom - Second show in a row they’ve done that’s heavily themed around another culture. I think the visual theming could’ve been more tastefully done. They sound and look pretty good, but the music sometimes gets past them, which is going to be apparent with almost any band that goes right after Marcus. 

Quite liking Carroll’s show! Very ambitious!! They had the whole show on the field at HEB, so I was hoping they would’ve done a bit more cleaning since then, but it’s hot and they have a difficult show (and it doesn’t help that all their props blew over :(.) They’ll do great things in St. Louis, and I hope we get to see them again tonight.

Wakeland!! They sound awesome on the stream! Sometimes a bit lacking in visual GE for me, but that drill move that looked like moving waves was so cool. Truly impressed with their musical power. The whole show is on, and it’s not the longest show, but there are so many great moments. I wish they were going to San Antonio this year.