2021 BOA DFW (Oct. 9)

This contest will once again be held at Pennington Field in Bedford.

as of 9/4/21–32 bands confirmed! (Wow!)

7:30 AM - North Garland H.S., TX
7:45 AM - Independence H.S., TX
8:00 AM - Braswell H.S., TX
8:15 AM - Wills Point H.S., TX
8:30 AM - Grapevine H.S., TX
8:45 AM - Trinity H.S., TX
9:00 AM - Princeton H.S., TX
9:15 AM - Memorial (Frisco) H.S., TX
9:30 AM - Hebron H.S., TX
9:45 AM - Forney H.S., TX
BREAK
10:30 AM - Whitesboro H.S., TX
10:45 AM - L.D. Bell H.S., TX
11:00 AM - North Mesquite H.S., TX
11:15 AM - Krum H.S., TX
11:30 AM - Marcus H.S., TX
11:45 AM - Haltom H.S., TX
12:00 PM - Carroll H.S., TX
12:15 PM - Cypress Falls H.S., TX
12:30 PM - Wakeland H.S., TX
12:45 PM - Timber Creek H.S., TX
BREAK
1:45 PM - Rick Reedy H.S., TX
2:00 PM - Burleson Centennial H.S., TX
2:15 PM - Plano East H.S., TX
2:30 PM - Coppell H.S., TX
2:45 PM - Lone Star H.S., TX
3:00 PM - Boswell H.S., TX
3:15 PM - Keller Central H.S., TX
3:30 PM - Waxahachie H.S., TX
3:45 PM - Keller H.S., TX
4:00 PM - James Martin H.S., TX
4:15 PM - Aledo H.S., TX
4:30 PM - Flower Mound H.S., TX

Edited by LeanderMomma
Official schedule released

On 4/27/2021 at 3:37 PM, LeanderMomma said:

This contest will once again be held at Pennington Field. 

(as of 4/27/21):

Aledo H.S., TX
Bentonville H.S., AR
Burleson Centennial H.S., TX
Coppell H.S., TX
Creekview H.S., TX
Grapevine H.S., TX
Independence H.S., TX
James Martin H.S., TX
Keller Central H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
Krum H.S., TX
L.V. Berkner H.S., TX
Mansfield H.S., TX
Memorial (Frisco) H.S., TX
North Mesquite H.S., TX
Plano East H.S., TX
Sachse H.S., TX
Timber Creek H.S., TX
Wakeland H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX

Interesting to see that only one 4A band, Krum HS, is attending. That's cool though that they will have a chance to compete against some of the larger schools, before having to go to Area B for 4A

3 hours ago, zoomer said:

1. Hebron

2. Marcus

3. Flower Mound 

4. Keller 

5. Wakeland 

6. Waxahachie

7. L.D. Bell

8. Coppell

9. Timber Creek

10. Keller Central

11. Bentonville

12. Carroll/BCent

I like your thought process here - it may change in the coming months but I like where you started here

as of 6/2/21–22 bands confirmed:

Aledo H.S., TX
Bentonville H.S., AR
Carroll H.S., TX
Coppell H.S., TX
Creekview H.S., TX
Grapevine H.S., TX
Haltom H.S., TX
Independence H.S., TX
James Martin H.S., TX
Keller Central H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
Krum H.S., TX
L.V. Berkner H.S., TX
Mansfield H.S., TX
North Mesquite H.S., TX
Plano East H.S., TX
Sachse H.S., TX
Timber Creek H.S., TX
Wakeland H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX

22 bands confirmed so far as of today’s addition of Carroll H.S.  Wonder when we will see the confirmation of Hebron, LD Bell, Marcus or Flower Mound? Do they usually wait this late??

19 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

22 bands confirmed so far as of today’s addition of Carroll H.S.  Wonder when we will see the confirmation of Hebron, LD Bell, Marcus or Flower Mound? Do they usually wait this late??

Like I've said before, as a director, I would put up fake contests on my public calendar just to throw people off!

A lot of local events are really pushing for high attendance so that the programs who host them can get back on track financially.  

As of right now, 3 bands are no longer planning on attending this contest. Creekview, Berkner and Mansfield are out and the total is now 23.

When will we hear from the big 3 and when will BOA put out their official lists of participating bands for each contest?  Enquiring minds want to know!

On 6/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, LeanderMomma said:

As of right now, 3 bands are no longer planning on attending this contest. Creekview, Berkner and Mansfield are out and the total is now 23.

When will we hear from the big 3 and when will BOA put out their official lists of participating bands for each contest?  Enquiring minds want to know!

Just added Hebron. It’s officially on their calendar!  

My predictions:

1. Hebron (higher chance imo)/Flomo

2. Flomo/Hebron

[really depends on how they perform. if one can get everything completed by dfw, they win. if one focuses hard on making a clean performance, they win.]

3. Marcus/Keller

4. Keller/Marcus

[again with 1st and 2nd, depends on how they do. marcus has higher chance. we'll see how this plays out with the heb marching results]

5. Waxahachie/Bell

6. Bell/Wax/Coppell

7. Coppell/Bell/Haltom

[top 4 will be secured by those schools but 5-7 will be up in the air in my opinion. unless, one decides to go insane mode and cause a huge upset
also i don't like how the other predictions put coppell so low. those kids are talented, even with the show they will be doing. they will honestly do just fine, as long as they have a good time]

8. Haltom/Prosper

9. Prosper/Martin/Bentonville/Wakeland

10. UP FOR GRABS TO BE HONEST

11. UP FOR GRABS TO BE HONEST

12. UP FOR GRABS TO BE HONEST

[last 3 are up for grabs just because, it's really hard to predict the bottom finalists with the consistency schools will perform. also, i don't really know how most of these schools will do in 2021, explaining why the higher predictions are one or the other. i'm most confident that the higher predictions will be accurate.]

Good luck to everyone coming down to the Penn for a day of Texas marching excellence! Can't wait to see who makes finals.

as of 7/20/21–26 bands confirmed:

Aledo H.S., TX
Bentonville H.S., AR
Carroll H.S., TX
Coppell H.S., TX
Cypress Falls H.S., TX
Grapevine H.S., TX
Haltom H.S., TX
Hebron H.S., TX
Independence H.S., TX
James Martin H.S., TX
Keller Central H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
Krum H.S., TX
L.D. Bell H.S., TX
North Mesquite H.S., TX
Plano East H.S., TX
Princeton H.S., TX
Rick Reedy H.S., TX
Timber Creek H.S., TX
Trinity H.S., TX
Wakeland H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX
Wills Point H.S., TX

On 7/25/2021 at 11:41 PM, Raydurs said:

My predictions:

1. Hebron (higher chance imo)/Flomo

2. Flomo/Hebron

[really depends on how they perform. if one can get everything completed by dfw, they win. if one focuses hard on making a clean performance, they win.]

3. Marcus/Keller

4. Keller/Marcus

[again with 1st and 2nd, depends on how they do. marcus has higher chance. we'll see how this plays out with the heb marching results]

5. Waxahachie/Bell

6. Bell/Wax/Coppell

7. Coppell/Bell/Haltom

[top 4 will be secured by those schools but 5-7 will be up in the air in my opinion. unless, one decides to go insane mode and cause a huge upset
also i don't like how the other predictions put coppell so low. those kids are talented, even with the show they will be doing. they will honestly do just fine, as long as they have a good time]

8. Haltom/Prosper

9. Prosper/Martin/Bentonville/Wakeland

10. UP FOR GRABS TO BE HONEST

11. UP FOR GRABS TO BE HONEST

12. UP FOR GRABS TO BE HONEST

[last 3 are up for grabs just because, it's really hard to predict the bottom finalists with the consistency schools will perform. also, i don't really know how most of these schools will do in 2021, explaining why the higher predictions are one or the other. i'm most confident that the higher predictions will be accurate.]

Good luck to everyone coming down to the Penn for a day of Texas marching excellence! Can't wait to see who makes finals.

Nice tiering.  I would argue that Timber Creek, Keller Central, Carroll, and maybe Burleson Centennial should be in the tier with those you listed at 9.  At the very least Timber Creek, Prosper, and Wakeland on another small tier above all the others stated.

10 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

Disappointed that Bentonville HS (AR) decided to attend a contest at Union HS (OK) instead of this one, but it’s much closer. Less than two hours away, so I get it. Maybe I’ll drive over for that one myself!

I was really looking forward to seeing them in a couple weeks, but I understand their decision.

7:30 AM - North Garland H.S., TX
7:45 AM - Independence H.S., TX
8:00 AM - Braswell H.S., TX
8:15 AM - Wills Point H.S., TX
8:30 AM - Grapevine H.S., TX
8:45 AM - Trinity H.S., TX
9:00 AM - Princeton H.S., TX
9:15 AM - Memorial (Frisco) H.S., TX
9:30 AM - Hebron H.S., TX
9:45 AM - Forney H.S., TX
BREAK
10:30 AM - Whitesboro H.S., TX
10:45 AM - L.D. Bell H.S., TX
11:00 AM - North Mesquite H.S., TX
11:15 AM - Krum H.S., TX
11:30 AM - Marcus H.S., TX
11:45 AM - Haltom H.S., TX
12:00 PM - Carroll H.S., TX
12:15 PM - Cypress Falls H.S., TX
12:30 PM - Wakeland H.S., TX
12:45 PM - Timber Creek H.S., TX
BREAK
1:45 PM - Rick Reedy H.S., TX
2:00 PM - Burleson Centennial H.S., TX
2:15 PM - Plano East H.S., TX
2:30 PM - Coppell H.S., TX
2:45 PM - Lone Star H.S., TX
3:00 PM - Boswell H.S., TX
3:15 PM - Keller Central H.S., TX
3:30 PM - Waxahachie H.S., TX
3:45 PM - Keller H.S., TX
4:00 PM - James Martin H.S., TX
4:15 PM - Aledo H.S., TX
4:30 PM - Flower Mound H.S., TX

Redoing predictions now that we have a better understanding of what we could see in finals:

1. Hebron. (There's literally no doubt about it. Hebron. Unless Flower Mound decides to pull a 2019 and just perform their entire show on the field and destroy everyone.)

Also seeing Hebron perform at a football game, I think their show would most likely win this contest.

2. FloMo (Saw a performance, if they get everything they need on the field/everything up to the ballad and clean, they will have a great chance in winning. Really depends on how they would deal with finals as they will definitely be in the top 6 in prelims and hopefully get a great finals slot to potentially win. It's also a really interesting show, a must-watch show.)

3. Marcus

Yeah, they're here just by instinct and just because they're Marcus.

4. Keller

Saw a performance of their part 1, and heard part 2. I'm very curious to see how this does in finals. Again, also by instinct and their music/band is still great this year. Didn't have a marching show last year, but from their Blue Lights event or whatever, they sounded amazing. Subject to be adjusted by HEB Marching Contest

5. Waxahachie

They did the UIL process in 2020, and did phenomenal. I expect them to do better than ever now. Their music sounds interesting but I do not have any performances to go off on how well they will perform this. Really depends on how much they have on the field ready. We also know how well Wax does on state years! Will try to catch them at  the HEB Marching Contest

6. LD Bell

If they can improve and clean asap, they will have a great chance to beat Wax and/or Keller. Their show sounds pretty good so far from their community performance. I just hope their ballad will incredible if they get that down by DFW. Didn't have a marching year and HEBISD high schools are (10th-12th grade) so their numbers are quite something... Hopefully, they perform like rock-stars.

7. Coppell

It's really tough to guess where they would be, somewhere between 4-7, really depends on how clean they are for DFW. They got that Mandies/Vista prop and turned it into a carousel of sorts? I hope they do amazing this season. Went to state and made finals, they will do just fine here. They will probably do better in the UIL process though.

8. Haltom

Interesting show... "Year of the Dragon" except it's not even the year of dragon..? Nothing else to say about them...

9. Wakeland

I honestly have no clue how good they will be. I just know that they're excellent according to everyone. Could beat Haltom? I have no clue. Go ask an expert.

10. Martin

I LOVE THEIR OPENER SO MUCH. IT'S JUST SO GOOD.  However, if they work more on balance as an ensemble, they will be amazing once STL happens. Their volume is spectacular. They look pretty good visually for what it is, and there's a good chance that they could place higher. Depends on how good their prelims will be.

11. Carroll

yeah. carroll wooo! they're here. good luck carroll. this is from assumption and instinct.

12. Timber Creek

They do great on state years and usually do fine at DFW. This will be an interesting season for them, and that they will do great at DFW.

12. Prosper

Maybe they will take this spot or go higher, who knows.