8th - 75.65 - Cy-Fair H.S., TX

9th - 75.20 - James E. Taylor H.S., TX

10th - 74.80 - Dawson H.S., TX

11th - 74.50 - College Park H.S., TX

12th - 73.05 - Stephen F. Austin H.S., TX

Outstanding Music Performance - The Woodlands H.S., TX

Outstanding Visual Performance - The Woodlands H.S., TX

Outstanding General Effect - The Woodlands H.S., TX

The Woodlands with a near 4 point victory here sets them up very nicely for the remainder of the season.

1 minute ago, packwick said:

TWHS' competitors are amazing this year. i have no idea where TWHS will end up after they get their closer on the field, but i don't really care. after a pandemic? jeez. i'm so proud of them!

You're going to be proud of them all season, and it's going to be because of the numbers as well as the experience of watching them. 

Anyone surprised by Cypress Woods should note the season of program building they have come through in the last few years with a new head band director and a new guard director. This school had the most all-state musicians in the entire state. Their talent is deep, and their strong state marching contest showing last year was no fluke. I see great things ahead for this program.

1 hour ago, Bandmomlover said:

Not impressed by Box5tv at all. It went down several times and had no sound for some of the final performances. No replays either:( what happened to FloMarching? I bought a year subscription during DCI thinking BOA would be using them again.

I also had problems, and after the fact I saw on FB that they acknowledged the issues. Hope they get them fixed!

19 hours ago, vacon3` said:

I saw a post mentioning that Pearland's director had left. Curious what happened there. If true, it would be surprising given the trajectory the program has been on these past several years. Best of luck to them. 

That is correct.  From conversations I had in the press box yesterday, pearland’s director took an administrator position in a school district up near Dallas.