2021 BOA McAllen (Sept. 18)

12 minutes ago, CCisd Band Parent said:

They played all, or at least some of their 2020 show again, I’m confused why this is allowed.

To be fair the balled was completely different but I get what you are saying and agree in a way. Opener was the same as last years but the next part was the same with some sight twist in it

23 minutes ago, StandHorn said:

To be fair the balled was completely different but I get what you are saying and agree in a way. Opener was the same as last years but the next part was the same with some sight twist in it

I get it but it’s like if you played a piece at Uil one year and then the next year you played that same piece but changed the other two, there are rules against that, I don’t understand why marching band would be any different, especially if they’re like that for drill. It’s kind of a “goes without saying” thing I guess.

14 hours ago, TRBbaritone said:

Congrats to Brandeis for being the first NISD band, at least to my knowledge, to ever medal in a BOA event. Definitely the first NISD band to outright take the gold. 

The first medal would be Marshall in the 1990s when they were one of the top bands in the US. I believe they got silver at a BOA competition.  

But yes, this NISD's first gold. This is huge for NISD. The district already has percussion and color guard powerhouses. Seeing Brandeis's rise since about my senior year has been so cool. Idk about BOASA finals, but it looks like Brandeis and Stevens aren't gonna be outside the bubble convos this year.

I’ve got a strong feeling JBA is going to be rising this year. This setback is going to take them further. More drive, more motivation. Their show isn’t even finished! Another HUGE congrats to Del Rio! They have definitely proven their worth over these past couple of years showing strong signs of improvement. Congratulations to ALL bands who performed and gave their all through the midst of unimaginable weather conditions.