2021 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 5 & 6)

Rouse has had so much competitive experience and success in the last few weeks, and it shows. The show is perfectly catered to their strengths. If they wanna make finals they’re gonna have to put up a score that survives the rest of the competition (which I think is likely 👀). The woodwind soloists in the ballad were amazing. Truly a fantastic show!!

Really enjoyed Westlake! They have some fantastic soloists. The woodwind ensemble at the beginning was excellent and I'm always a sucker for a good saxophone solo. Saw a few individuals on the multi-cam look a little shaky visually but generally was impressed with the visual program as a whole. Very unfortunate to have those tech issues; hopefully they aren't penalized too badly from those.

I haven’t seen Round Rock since Austin and basically forgot everything, so it was like I was watching for the first time again lol. Compared to Westlake and especially Rouse, I heard and saw some cleanliness issues, but it is a very very ambitious program! That closer!!!!! It’s clear that they want to peak at Nats. Still some cleaning to do but that was great!!! 

19 hours ago, BandFan59 said:

Given that Indianapolis and St. Louis did not have full retreat, we will probably not see that here. 6A State will probably have a full retreat though.

There was a full band retreat for 5A state...and it was AWESOME. :) Yay for full retreats again. I assume they'll do one for 6A as well. 

Cedar Ridge was great. The build up to the first hit was so cool. So much power and energy in the brass, but it’s still so controlled!!! My only complaint is that most of the actual marching happens in the same part of the field and the show is overall a bit light on drill for my taste, but I would be very surprised not to see them again tomorrow!!