2021 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 5 & 6)

5 minutes ago, BandFan59 said:

The gap between 13th and 8th was 1.32 points. Those bands were so incredibly tight that honestly I don't think Vista Ridge did anything wrong. They had a fantastic finals run that just fell shy of some of the other bands. They will be in good shape for Grand Nationals.

This. Just keep cleaning and they’ll be fine.

Hebron, Keller, and Pearland stayed in the same placements, but everyone else shifted around. Leander and Vista Ridge had the biggest movements from prelims to finals. 

That 1st place ensemble visual for Cedar Ridge may have put them in the top half over Vista Ridge. 

It’s also interesting that a majority of the judges had Keller in the top half in prelims. If they had a more effective visual program they would be such a threat!

3 minutes ago, Nny14 said:

Reagan 2nd in music over Vandy and CTJ definitely had me do a double take

Yeah, Reagan was definitely around 5th to 7th in music to me. Just not the same quality of sound of the other top groups. Odd score. To have them higher in Ensemble Music and close in Ind. Music to Hebron? Not even close.

2 minutes ago, Nny14 said:

Musically Round Rock is a finalist caliber band. Those visual scores are just brutal though. Can't say I disagree with them either. I hope they get that sorted out in the future soon, these kids can freaking play.

I believe Round Rock's first time of getting their full show on the field was last week at area. 

1 minute ago, NEPats said:

I believe Round Rock's first time of getting their full show on the field was last week at area. 

That doesn't suprise me. I'm sure they'll march a lot better at Nationals than they did yesterday, I'm just not sure what they can do now to make it more effective.