2021 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 5 & 6)

2 minutes ago, Origin said:

Vista Ridge was awesome. I’m so impressed with their individual visual performance. Extremely talented soloists. Such a well designed show that stands out from the other Texas groups. I wish the ballad had a bigger impact. I really like how they don’t try to play everything as loud as possible. 

Absolutely- each individual is moving with such a determined purpose and the uniformity of movement is striking. When they rotate that giant block before the opening hit - wow!

Coppell’s show is a PRODUCTION. Definitely some dirt around the edges, but I don’t think it’ll matter. I would be surprised if we don’t see them again tonight! The flute solo in the ballad!!!!! Gorgeous!! Percussion is so good! The ending is a bit much haha. I kindof forget that that giant prop is there most of the show, wish they used it more effectively considering how much of a hastle it probably is. 

Just lovely and gorgeous from Coppell! The woodwinds sound so good - amazing clarity on the runs. It all works for me- the guard, colors, horses, carousel- even some of the added horse sound effects are cute. Love Humoresque as the ballad and great warm tone in the lower register from the flute soloist on it.

Loved that performance from Coppell. They have such a fun production this year; them, Leander, and Flower Mound really make me appreciate the more light hearted shows and how well designed they can be. Excellent job on all the technical runs and that brass is strong! Not the cleanest run we’ve seen from them but I think they did enough to get back into finals here.