2021 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 5 & 6)

Really glad to see Cedar Park back to the form we know them by! A really well designed show that has a lot of great ensemble moments to make use of the larger group they have this year. Definitely going to see them again tomorrow night! I also hope they make the trip back to Indianapolis soon; they would easily be a contender for class AAA.

8 minutes ago, Origin said:

Westwood was awesome. Fantastic playing. However, I would like to see their take on a more “mature” show concept. Christmas and Beauty and the Beast is cute, but I wanna see them switch it up next year. 

Their show that was supposed to happened last year would have taken them far. I’m still salty over Covid ruining that for them. 

Just now, BandFan95 said:

Their show that was supposed to happened last year would have taken them far. I’m still salty over Covid ruining that for them. 

It’s still a great show that I think has a shot at finals tomorrow. My personal preference is that I just don’t prefer shows based so heavily in pop culture. 

I’m in love with the direction Vandegrift has taken visually since 2019. They deserve an award for having the best guard costumes again this year. They march so so so well! Like, Reagan, I think some of the moments are very reminiscent of the 2019 show. Oh, they want to win!! The energy in this performance is insane! That’s how you throw down a prelims run.

Admittedly I hadn't seen Leander since their first game this year until just now. Even on Box5, I can really feel the power they're putting forward in their sound! I remember hearing early season that this year's Leander isn't at the same quality of years past. Maybe that's true, I wouldn't know- but I've gotta say I'm LOVING the top notch work I'm seeing here.

Really enjoyed Leander. They still play with fantastic sounds and have great soloists and features. The show isn't as ambitious as Radioactive or even Polarity, but it has a very relaxed vibe to it that makes it easy to enjoy. I got a little bored towards the end with the transition out of the ballad, but the show finished on a great note.

Also of note, Coppell announced that they've been moved from 8:45 PM tonight to 9:45 AM tomorrow morning due to unforeseen circumstances. They're still in panel 1 with that new time.

Wow, that is some sound from Timber Creek. Trumpets sounded great in their feature. I love that moment where the guard is in the center forming the oasis with the blue flags! It did seem a tad abrupt, but when I think more about it I suppose reaching the oasis is really the high point, so maybe not much to do in the story after that.