2021 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 5 & 6)

1 hour ago, lost said:

I don’t really see the point of this comment. Sure a lot of groups that could make finals every year don’t. Not really a reason to go out of your way to call one specific group out.

I definitely don’t think it’s a reach that Prosper could make finals, their show is very friendly to the BOA sheets as we’ve seen in St.Louis. With some cleaning from the feedback at both area and St Louis they genuinely have a strong opportunity to clean into finals this year. If they were at SA would this be enough? Who knows. It would all be up to their prelims performance. I do think they’d genuinely have a chance similar to Bowie or Kellers to get into finals though.

I will say it's dangerous to bet against Bowie in the late season. They have consistently turned rocky early-seasons into SA finalist appearances. The only recent exception I can think of was in 2018, but I believe they also had a head director change that year. Keller and Bowie also tend to stay within a few places of each other so I would have to imagine Keller would be a big barrier for bands looking to break into finals. 

3 hours ago, lost said:

I don’t really see the point of this comment. Sure a lot of groups that could make finals every year don’t. Not really a reason to go out of your way to call one specific group out.

I definitely don’t think it’s a reach that Prosper could make finals, their show is very friendly to the BOA sheets as we’ve seen in St.Louis. With some cleaning from the feedback at both area and St Louis they genuinely have a strong opportunity to clean into finals this year. If they were at SA would this be enough? Who knows. It would all be up to their prelims performance. I do think they’d genuinely have a chance similar to Bowie or Kellers to get into finals though.

the point of the comment is that people post based on what they have seen - we cannot see every band and all we can see is that Prosper finished 3rd at HEB - relax - it is apparent that you are fond of this program - it was not intended to be a knock on the program - but BOA San Antonio is one of the most competitive shows in the country. and rivals Grand Nats - so just relax and scroll on. something I had to learn myself - it gets easier with time

2 hours ago, principalagent said:

I remember seeing Prosper in 2019 in San Antonio prelims and seriously expecting to see them again later that evening. Not sure this would have been their year, but I’m also pretty sure their time isn’t far away.

Agree 100%. They’re so close. I loved their show at St. Louis!

48 minutes ago, banddad84 said:

the point of the comment is that people post based on what they have seen - we cannot see every band and all we can see is that Prosper finished 3rd at HEB - relax - it is apparent that you are fond of this program - it was not intended to be a knock on the program - but BOA San Antonio is one of the most competitive shows in the country. and rivals Grand Nats - so just relax and scroll on. something I had to learn myself - it gets easier with time

I’m no more fond of Prosper than I am of other bands, I’m just saying I think they’d have a shot at finals. 

Your point is still confusing, and this addition makes it much harder to understand. There’s a lot more to see other than their 3rd finish at HEB, which isn’t even a low or even close to low finish. To their detriment you can see their state miss, to their benefit you can see their St Louis finish. 

If your point was “San Antonio is competitive” we all know that. That’s why I’m not saying Prosper would be 10000% in finals in fact they’d only have an outside shot in my opinion, I’m not sure what you’re characterizing my comments as.

If you really want to take your own advice then you should’ve relaxed and scrolled on instead of making weirdly passive aggressive comments against the Prosper program.

2 hours ago, Infrequent poster said:

I will say it's dangerous to bet against Bowie in the late season. They have consistently turned rocky early-seasons into SA finalist appearances. The only recent exception I can think of was in 2018, but I believe they also had a head director change that year. Keller and Bowie also tend to stay within a few places of each other so I would have to imagine Keller would be a big barrier for bands looking to break into finals. 

Oh no sorry my intention was definitely not to doubt James Bowie. I think they’re definitely one of the more probable finalists, which is why I mentioned them.

I'll be honest, I haven't had the chance to see Round Rock since BOA Austin. I gave the edge to Bowie based off how close they were to Rouse at Waco. I've heard good things about Round Rock though, and beating Reagan in all music scores at area is a good sign for them here and at UIL State. The last couple spots were the hardest for me to be able to pick since the bubble is very tight for those spots and there's several bands that could fill them.

I can CTJ winning this, potentially with some decent cushioning as well. It’s looking for both this contest and looking forward to grand nats, they’re a little bit underrated coming in. They’ve gone and won this contest before, they’ve been there, and they’re most importantly right in their own backyard, they’ll be very loose, comfortable and ready to perform their behemoth of a show and make a statement, at least in my approximation that’s what they can potentially do this weekend, a win is definitely in the cards.

16 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

I can CTJ winning this, potentially with some decent cushioning as well. It’s looking for both this contest and looking forward to grand nats, they’re a little bit underrated coming in. They’ve gone and won this contest before, they’ve been there, and they’re most importantly right in their own backyard, they’ll be very loose, comfortable and ready to perform their behemoth of a show and make a statement, at least in my approximation that’s what they can potentially do this weekend, a win is definitely in the cards.

I Agree. I’m lowkey rooting for them. I’d love to see TWHS and Hebron return to a medal position as well.