2021 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 5 & 6)

here are the judges for the obsessive weirdos. didn't see any bios or specific panels posted at the director's lounge. BOA is dragging their feet this year.

Music: Tim Allshouse, George Boulden, Dave Carbone, Don Hill, Jay Kennedy, Matt McCready, Stephen Meyer, and John Phillips.
Visual: Ken Giese, Michael Gray, John Howell, Bruce Jones, Greg Llacer, and Adam Sage.
Chief: Richard Saucedo.

1 minute ago, packwick said:

here are the judges for the obsessive weirdos. didn't see any bios or specific panels posted at the director's lounge. BOA is dragging their feet this year.

Music: Tim Allshouse, George Boulden, Dave Carbone, Don Hill, Jay Kennedy, Matt McCready, Stephen Meyer, and John Phillips.
Visual: Ken Giese, Michael Gray, John Howell, Bruce Jones, Greg Llacer, and Adam Sage.
Chief: Richard Saucedo.

Some big big big names on the panels this year. Oh my!  

Heartbroken. Entirely forgot to include Coppell in my predictions. 😔

4 minutes ago, BandFan95 said:

I'm sorry, but I cannot see Seven Lakes or Pearland beating any Austin area band this year. Pearland got lucky in 2019 in beating out Cedar Ridge and Westwood. That certainly won't happen again. 

Cedar Ridge, Round Rock and Westwood are just NOW PEAKING. This hasn't happened...ever. They are united and out for blood. I never in a million years would I have thought this would be possible. But you bet that RRISD having 3 bands at State this year has brought these three programs together.  

That being said, CTJ tweaked their show at Area..and I FREAKING LOVED IT. It's the first time that I'd rank it higher than Reagan.

Austin area bands rock.

I'm so excited for a year where 3 RRISD bands are looking so strong coming into the end of the season! 

And the Deep in the Heart of Texas bit CTJ added is gonna be great in Indy! 

5 minutes ago, bandnerd091 said:

I know a lot of people are locking pearland in as potential picks but what do yall think about dawson. Their start to the year at BOA Conroe and BOA Katy looked very promising.

Dawson's a very talented band that's been improving a lot the past several years but unfortunately I think the level of competition here is too high for them to make finals. There's absolutely no shame in that though, because this is easily the most competitive event of the year (except Grand Nationals this year might actually be tougher for once) and just making the top 30 at San Antonio is a notable accomplishment for any band.

On 10/31/2021 at 1:23 AM, Rubisco said:

which apparently will be filled with 95+ scores, unless BOA tones it down a little. It's okay. I don't mind it.

With the way scores are looking, I wouldn't be surprised to see us reach 97 at San Antonio again. Possibly some 90 point performances will miss finals like in 2017 as well. 

Cedar Park at a 93 with them (maybe) not being a top 2 band in their district is absurd. I am excited to see the 5A state results between them and Leander. Maybe they aren't top 3. That would be even more crazy.

1 hour ago, BMBDad said:

William J. Brennan added at 10:15pm Friday.  Glad to see them starting to dip their toe into BOA.  They are still off to USBands Remo Series Finale on Saturday...but this will be an amazing experience for the kids.  

Oh wow that’s great!

Were they on the waitlist and another band dropped or did BOA just add a slot?

36 minutes ago, lost said:

Oh wow that’s great!

Were they on the waitlist and another band dropped or did BOA just add a slot?

The original schedule that was published had 4 TBD spots (2 in each panel) knowing that as state advancements were finalized there could be more programs wanting to take an empty spot - especially local programs that could give the kids the experience of the dome. it is a great means to introduce the program to BOA

5 hours ago, LiveLikeLarry said:

My predictions follow as:

Locks (Alphabetical order)

•Cedar Park

•Cedar Ridge

•Claudia Taylor Johnson

•Hebron

•Leander

•Marcus

•Ronald Reagan

•The Woodlands

•Vandegrift

•Vista Ridge

Bubble (Alphabetical order)

•Coppell

•James Bowie

•Keller

•Pearland

•Round Rock

•Rouse

Predicting that Coppell and Keller overtake 2 of the 'Lock' positions.