McKinney marching Invitational 2021 (oct 9th)

Discuss scores, attendees, previous results and more!

Exhibition:

McKinney 

McKinney boyd

McKinney north

Currently attending:

Wylie 

Duncanville 

Plano senior high

Newman smith

Creekview (?)

Richland

Highland park

Colleyville heritage 

Melissa 

Frisco Liberty

Most likely attending:

Rockwall 

Rockwall-heath

Lone star

Allen

Richardson

South grand prairie 

Van Alstnye

Princeton 

Denison 

Kaufman

JJ Pearce

Collinsville

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 8:24 PM, chesteriop said:

It's really cool seeing representation at this contest from other areas of DFW, like Duncanville and possibly South Grand Prairie from south part of the metroplex, and Colleyville and Richland from the Mid-Cities area!

Yeah I'm super excited for everyone who turns out! I think that any notible bands that are not going to BOA dallas will probably attend McKinney but we will see

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 6:54 PM, Raydurs said:

So this comp is taking away bands away from BOA DFW huh. :(

in other words dj, you want me to drive to mckinney huh

Well i feel like it's more about how bands who are good enough to compete in boa and place some what well will get the chance to compete against bands like duncanville richland and wylie!

and yes any kind of support counts ;)

• 4 months later...

Here's the schedule  https://departments.mckinneyisd.net/finearts/mckinney-marching-invitational-october-9-2021/

Schedule as follows:

SCHOOL PERFORMS @
Anna 10:30 AM
Melissa 10:45 AM
Heritage 11:15 AM
Summit 11:30 AM
The Colony 11:45 AM
Wylie East 12:00 PM
Lebanon Trail 1:15 PM
Duncanville 1:30 PM
Colleyville Heritage 1:45 PM
Liberty 2:00 PM
Richland 2:15 PM
Lewisville 2:30 PM
Plano Senior 3:00 PM
Highland Park 3:15 PM
Sherman 3:30 PM
Wylie 3:45 PM
Rockwall 4:00 PM
McKinney North* 4:15 PM
McKinney HS* 6:45 PM
McKinney Boyd* 9:45 PM

*exhibition

58 minutes ago, Band_dad_of_2 said:

From the looks of the lineup, this will be a good teaser for Area F

Colleyville Heritage, Richland and Mansfield Summit will all be watching each other closely.

Also somewhat related, each of these schools are also in District 4-5A DI for football. And Summit and Richland face off the night before.

Sorry for that random bit of knowledge (although if anyone in the DFW area is looking for a random game to go to on a Friday night, you can’t go wrong with District 4-5A DI for band and football).

4 hours ago, ViewFromTheBox said:

Also somewhat related, each of these schools are also in District 4-5A DI for football. And Summit and Richland face off the night before.

Sorry for that random bit of knowledge (although if anyone in the DFW area is looking for a random game to go to on a Friday night, you can’t go wrong with District 4-5A DI for band and football).

We'll be there! We try to make all the football games for Summit, especially since this is my son's senior year. ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 9:46 PM, ViewFromTheBox said:

Summit dominated. They won 40-16. It was a great game and the band sounded great! 

From Giovanni Delgadillo on Twitter:

5A

Highland Park sweeps Percussion, Guard, Visual and Music

3. Colleyville Heritage

2. Wylie East

1. Highland Park

6A

Lewisville takes Percussion. Wylie takes Guard, Visual and Music.

3. Duncanville

2. Rockwall

1. Wylie

Finals Schedule (Reverse prelims finish)

7:00 - Lewisville

7:15 - Duncanville

7:30 - Lebanon Trail

7:45 - Summit

8:00 - Richland

8:30 - Colleyville Heritage

8:45 - Wylie East

9:00 - Rockwall

9:15 - Wylie

9:30 - Highland Park

I'm somewhat surprised about Duncanville, although, as with many other programs this year, their situation could perhaps be easily explained by the effects of the pandemic.

Also, The Colony's absence from finals is notable, even if this is consistent with their bottom-of-finals finish at HEB finals this year and their early-ish performance time today. My guess is that they are the first out.

I'm most surprised by Summit's lower placement, though, given their BOA Midland placement last week. Of course, Midland was not an incredibly deep contest, and this is not BOA scoring. Additionally, Summit had an early slot today, although that is not by itself a strong explanation in this context.

Highland Park seems to be securing their program's upward trajectory. Since they were not in contest with Wylie for captions in prelims, it is difficult to say how close or far the two are.

Movement in finals will be interesting. I think Summit is most likely to move up, and Highland Park most likely to not move down (apart from Lewisville). 

46 minutes ago, Anthony V said:

I'm somewhat surprised about Duncanville, although, as with many other programs this year, their situation could perhaps be easily explained by the effects of the pandemic.

Also, The Colony's absence from finals is notable, even if this is consistent with their bottom-of-finals finish at HEB finals this year and their early-ish performance time today. My guess is that they are the first out.

I'm most surprised by Summit's lower placement, though, given their BOA Midland placement last week. Of course, Midland was not an incredibly deep contest, and this is not BOA scoring. Additionally, Summit had an early slot today, although that is not by itself a strong explanation in this context.

Highland Park seems to be securing their program's upward trajectory. Since they were not in contest with Wylie for captions in prelims, it is difficult to say how close or far the two are.

Movement in finals will be interesting. I think Summit is most likely to move up, and Highland Park most likely to not move down (apart from Lewisville). 

Summit typically doesn't place as highly when they have a morning prelims. I thought they sounded fabulous and probably deserved better than 7th in prelims. It was so hot, I didn't get a chance to hear bands I haven't heard yet this year, though Rockwall sounded pretty nice. Highland Park seems to win every contest that I go see. 

2 hours ago, Anthony V said:

Duncanville has been struggling a bit (compared to their norm) the last two "normal" years. I was stunned in 2019 when Summit and Lake Ridge beat them at the Wylie contest. Not sure what's going on there (of course it could be the normal ebb and flow of things over the years).

Finals Results

Guard - Highland Park

Percussion - Highland Park

Music - Highland Park

Visual - Highland Park

10th - Lewisville

9th - Duncanville

8th - Lebanon Trail

7th - Rockwall

6th - Richland

5th - Wylie East

4th - Summit

3rd - Colleyville Heritage

2nd - Wylie

1st - Highland Park

Finals recap: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dIn0SJNwo5TxxujoywebYUcF6L4j3a6E/view

Prelims recap: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dDHoO7p1FQwvdmn1c9_VIQrT76BnkU61/view

Yeah. But an improved performance can shake things up, especially at contests using the UIL sheets.

Looking at the recaps, Summit was strong musically (getting first from the music ensemble judge), although percussion wasn't quite as strong (although the good news is that I don't think percussion is judged separately at area).

Two weeks to get it as clean as possible for area.