Bands you are most pumped to see in 2021

I'm interested to see how L.D. Bell is going to fare in 2021, with their success in the 2019 season as well as the confirmation of their new head band director, Suzanne Dell, as of 2021-2022 school year. She was an assistant director for Bell from 2014 up until now and has worked with the Blue Devils since 2016. She is one of the younger members of the Bell staff (I believe Chris Harmon and Ben Maughmer are older), and I think she can continue to bring success for the band program. There is speculation that Bell might attend Grand Nationals this year, but nothing has been confirmed. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2021 at 7:49 PM, balumni2023 said:

I'm interested to see how L.D. Bell is going to fare in 2021, with their success in the 2019 season as well as the confirmation of their new head band director, Suzanne Dell, as of 2021-2022 school year. She was an assistant director for Bell from 2014 up until now and has worked with the Blue Devils since 2016. She is one of the younger members of the Bell staff (I believe Chris Harmon and Ben Maughmer are older), and I think she can continue to bring success for the band program. There is speculation that Bell might attend Grand Nationals this year, but nothing has been confirmed. 

Suzanne Dell will be a phenomenal new head band director at L.D. Bell HS.  The program will be just fine with her at the helm.  They still have incredibly strong feeder junior highs and a staff with energy to boot.  Hebron has the best shot at winning the 6A SMC.  I predict a new band will win the 5A SMC that has not won yet with a slew of new state finalists.  Watch out for Burleson and Granbury.  I think at least one of them will be a new state finalist in 5A if not both.

Jordan HS will be come a beast very quickly just like Bridgeland HS has.  I see a massive shift in the 5A landscape on the western half of the Houston Metroplex very soon.  Porter HS will claim the top spot in the Area I Finals, easily, with Willis moving to 6A.  Area I will be considerably weaker than before.  I see College Station, A&M Consolidated and Crosby making their way up the finalist ranks quickly and Magnolia HS making their way into finals.  Galena Park will be a wild card, possibly.

Kempner HS and La Porte HS are going to be dark horses.  I can see one of them taking a state spot with Jordan and Friendswood.  Pearland will shock 6A in a very good way.  I think they could very well challenge The Woodlands for the top spot if they are in the same area again.