2021 Texas Marching Classic (Oct. 9)

Just now, gregorydf01 said:

According to the LiveBlog posts Vandegrift takes 4 out of 5 captions and comes in 2nd?   Not sure how that happens?

It has to be a penalty? Unless Ronald Reagan absolutely destroyed and lead the visual caption by a huge margin. Which I guess is possible.

Vandegrift was my 1st place going into this contest. Captions in prelims went how I would have predicted them. Obviously, Reagan coming out on top after losing all but one caption is... interesting. That being said, I would have definitely given Reagan the visual caption over Vandegrift and CTJ based on what I've seen from those groups. Reagan does have a considerably cleaner show from a visual perspective. I just thought GE would give Vandegrift (and maybe even CTJ) the edge here. I really like Reagan's show; it's just a bit too familiar for my tastes. What this does underscore, which I think we all predicted, is that the Austin groups are closer to Reagan than we might have thought after the past couple weeks of scores. Finals will be interesting, for sure!

It should also be noted that if there's a particular visual judge that had Reagan way ahead, that judge may also be switching over to Visual GE tonight, giving that judge even more power over the placements, which could be a big benefit to Reagan, assuming the gaps stay the same. We'll have to wait and see!

38 minutes ago, lost said:

Also can we talk about the Rouse rumor? Since when is that a thing? Why are we spreading unbased rumors. Not sure what that was about.

LeanderMomma and I were talking about this we were so worried but so glad that it wasn’t true, I’m sure someone got the words penalty and disqualified mixed up, it’s very very very rare for a band to get completely written off. Everything’s ok though because we get to see them again tonight:)

John B Alexander continues to prove that South Texas is no different from the rest of Texas. Their vast improvement from previous years is a true testament to their hard work. They have continuously showed up to competitions giving nothing less than the best that they can do and today was no different. Congratulations John B Alexander on yet ANOTHER extremely great performance with the big dogs!!! 

29 minutes ago, SoundOff said:

John B Alexander continues to prove that South Texas is no different from the rest of Texas. Their vast improvement from previous years is a true testament to their hard work. They have continuously showed up to competitions giving nothing less than the best that they can do and today was no different. Congratulations John B Alexander on yet ANOTHER extremely great performance with the big dogs!!! 

JBA, Weiss, Rouse, Johnson. These are the upstarts and it's great seeing them succeed. The last 3 years I love JBA's concepts for shows. Watching them get better is a pleasure. 

Here’s what I have after finals:

12 - Weiss

11 - John B. Alexander

10 - Georgetown

9 - Brandeis

8 - Hendrickson

7 - Rouse

6 - Leander

5 - Bowie

4 - Claudia Taylor Johnson

3 - Ronald Reagan

2 -Cedar Park