2021 Texas Marching Classic (Oct. 9)

• 4 weeks later...

This is going to be an EPIC competition. So many great programs with innovative and creative styles. I’m so happy other bands are starting to come out of their shells and compete with the big dogs. This is truly going to be an amazing year! So curious to see the outcome of this competition.

last updated 8/18/21–22 bands confirmed:

John B. Alexander HS
Belton HS
Bowie HS 
Brandeis HS
Cedar Park HS
Samuel V. Champion HS
Winston Churchill HS
Dripping Springs HS
Georgetown HS
Hays HS
Robert E Hendrickson HS
Claudia Taylor Johnson HS
Leander HS
McCallum HS
McNeil HS
Sandra Day O'Connor HS
Pflugerville HS
Ronald Reagan HS
Rouse HS
Stony Point HS
Vandegrift HS
Weiss HS

Edited by LeanderMomma
Dropped New Braunfels

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

I’m so excited to get back to Austin this weekend so that I can attend this contest!  If you are on the fence about going, just do it!  Everyone really needs to experience the Texas Marching Classic, and this year is just looking spectacular. The competition itself is a blast because it has that old timey festival feel to it. You can buy a shoutout for your favorite marcher and have it broadcast over the stadium, there’s some really great food to partake in, oh and yeah, the bands are just incredible!  This year the contest will feature your current Grand National champions going to bat against your current top ranked band in the country. And if a Vandegrift vs Ronald Reagan contest doesn’t get you excited (because you’re dead??), there’s Claudia Taylor Johnson to consider for the TMC championship this year. Also attending are 5 more BOA Austin finalists from a few weeks ago, Cedar Park, Rouse, Leander, Bowie and Weiss. Will Rouse overtake Cedar Park and Leander again, or will there be a switch up in the LISD order?  There will be other great bands attending from all over the surrounding area as well, but the band traveling the furthest for this fantastic showdown is your current United ISD Marching Festival champions (and 2019 BOA McAllen champs), the John B. Alexander high school marching band!  Yes, I’m super excited about that as many of you probably know. I am pulling for JBA to make finals this Saturday!!!  And If you want to be guaranteed to see an amazing band from the Valley, be at Kelly Reeves stadium in your seats before 4 pm!!!

Come out to Kelly Reeves this Saturday for one of the hottest competitions in country this season!  And I don’t mean the temperatures. 

And if all that isn't enough - There's the massive traffic jam to get out of the parking lot when it's over!  ?

4 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

I’m so excited to get back to Austin this weekend so that I can attend this contest!  If you are on the fence about going, just do it!  Everyone really needs to experience the Texas Marching Classic, and this year is just looking spectacular. The competition itself is a blast because it has that old timey festival feel to it. You can buy a shoutout for your favorite marcher and have it broadcast over the stadium, there’s some really great food to partake in, oh and yeah, the bands are just incredible!  This year the contest will feature your current Grand National champions going to bat against your current top ranked band in the country. And if a Vandegrift vs Ronald Reagan contest doesn’t get you excited (because you’re dead??), there’s Claudia Taylor Johnson to consider for the TMC championship this year. Also attending are 5 more BOA Austin finalists from a few weeks ago, Cedar Park, Rouse, Leander, Bowie and Weiss. Will Rouse overtake Cedar Park and Leander again, or will there be a switch up in the LISD order?  There will be other great bands attending from all over the surrounding area as well, but the band traveling the furthest for this fantastic showdown is your current United ISD Marching Festival champions (and 2019 BOA McAllen champs), the John B. Alexander high school marching band!  Yes, I’m super excited about that as many of you probably know. I am pulling for JBA to make finals this Saturday!!!  And If you want to be guaranteed to see an amazing band from the Valley, be at Kelly Reeves stadium in your seats before 4 pm!!!

Come out to Kelly Reeves this Saturday for one of the hottest competitions in country this season!  And I don’t mean the temperatures. 

They need to pay you for advertising… :) 

1 hour ago, MoonLite said:

I can not wait to see all of these amazing programs perform!!! This may be one of the most stacked non boa competitions this year :0

No “may be” about it. It’s absolutely without a doubt the most stacked non BOA contest of the season, not counting UIL 6A state finals of course. 

28 minutes ago, Samuel Culper said:

What, parking at McDonald's?

No. ? Not the shuttle either. That was a DISASTER at BOA Austin. 

Ok fine here’s my secret. Show up as early as possible. Enter the parking lot at the main entrance and drive all the way over to the exit. Park as close as you can to the exit with the front of your car facing out so that you can pull directly out into the flow of traffic as it’s exiting. Yes it’s a long walk to your car after the contest is over but it’s a short(ish) wait to get out of the parking lot!  

Here’s the most important part of this entire plan. Don’t move your car or leave the stadium for any reason until it’s all over. ? But seriously, if you leave, you take a huge chance of not even getting back in before finals and of losing that primo parking spot.  Don’t. Do. It. 

1 hour ago, LeanderMomma said:

No. ? Not the shuttle either. That was a DISASTER at BOA Austin. 

Ok fine here’s my secret. Show up as early as possible. Enter the parking lot at the main entrance and drive all the way over to the exit. Park as close as you can to the exit with the front of your car facing out so that you can pull directly out into the flow of traffic as it’s exiting. Yes it’s a long walk to your car after the contest is over but it’s a short(ish) wait to get out of the parking lot!  

Here’s the most important part of this entire plan. Don’t move your car or leave the stadium for any reason until it’s all over. ? But seriously, if you leave, you take a huge chance of not even getting back in before finals and of losing that primo parking spot.  Don’t. Do. It. 

If we're showing up right as Finals begins do you think we will have trouble parking/getting in? I remember 2019 being a huge line to re-enter the stadium.

5 hours ago, katew1228 said:

If we're showing up right as Finals begins do you think we will have trouble parking/getting in? I remember 2019 being a huge line to re-enter the stadium.

Yes I definitely think it will be nearly impossible if you wait until then. At BOA Austin a few weeks ago they were desperately trying to shuttle people to the gate from a nearby school parking lot and they couldn’t get everyone there in time. 

Prelims schedule:

(Revised 10/5/21)

9:45 AM Bowie HS

10:00 AM Jack C Hays HS

10:15 AM Winston Churchill HS

BREAK 

11:00 AM Rouse HS

11:15 AM McCallum HS

11:30 AM Pflugerville HS

11:45 AM Samuel V Champion HS

12:00 PM Georgetown HS

12:15 PM Vandegrift HS