#teamtexas - 2021 Grand Nationals

So - I know that there are a great deal of "known" programs attending Grand Nats - but these are the ones that I know

we know that there are 12 spots for the finals at Grand Nats and Texas may own half of then, as they did in 2019

Based on the known participants we have to assume the following as 5 of the 6 known participants are repeat finalists.

• CTJ
  • Ronald Reagan
  • Round Rock
  • FlowerMound
  • TWHS

the last band is Vista Ridge - a Texas 6A UIL state Champion - I assume we will see them as well.

Get ready - we know that there are more bands , but Texas is bringing their "A" game in 2021

12 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

Vista Ridge is 100% making finals and will have a top tier finish as well. They may not have had a competitive season last year but they did have a show, and it was fantastic. Just a glimpse of what’s to come in fact. Yes I have high expectations for the former 6A state champion. Both of them. ;)

I may be a little bias being from Leander ISD but I would expect Vista Ridge to both make finals and finish very high. Why would we expect anything less from a band from arguably the best marching band school district in the great state of Texas. 

9 hours ago, propsquaddad said:

I may be a little bias being from Leander ISD but I would expect Vista Ridge to both make finals and finish very high. Why would we expect anything less from a band from arguably the best marching band school district in the great state of Texas. 

♥️♥️♥️

My kid will be at college at this point. However she did mention that maybe this could be a Mom/Daughter kind of thing for us to do. I'll yell loud for TeamTexas for sure.

I can vouch for how fun of a mother/daughter trip it is after they have graduated. ♥️

My daughter was at GNats in 2011 as a freshman, our son was at Gnats as a freshman in 2019 and she joined us to cheer for her brother. my son is getting s second GNats shot in 2021 and she wants to go. Since she is married now she is debating the trip.  2019 was a great time to see my daughter cheering for her brother and her alma mater in Indy.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:00 PM, LostChoirGuy said:

I would be very surprised for any of those 6 to not make finals, unless for some reason, there is a drop off in show quality or something.

I'm still confused- is Bowie confirmed, or no?

6 is hard. Depends on how good you think Wando, Mason, and Blue Springs are. Broken Arrow being on cycle and Tarpon Springs coming throws a massive wrench into things for Texas repeating with 6 or getting to 7.

12 hours ago, LostChoirGuy said:

Personally, I dont think Wando will be able to keep up with the others on that list this year with their school split.  We'll see if they prove me wrong.  

yes, it will impact Wando, and at some point the new school may surpass the old one. We saw the same thing when CTJ split off from Reagan in 2008. Reagan went from 5th at BOA-SA in 2007 to 14th place in 2008 and 2009. 2010 Reagan was 6th and CTJ was 10th at San Antonio and 2011 Reagan was 12th while CTJ finished San Antonio in 5th and made finals at Grand Nats. Wando is the best marching program in SC - it will be interesting to see who they react to the split on top of the Covid impact.

On 4/2/2021 at 11:49 PM, LostChoirGuy said:

Personally, I dont think Wando will be able to keep up with the others on that list this year with their school split.  We'll see if they prove me wrong.  

Their school split isn’t super consequential at the end of the day. Wando is still supposed to have a student population of about 4000 students or more. They’ll have plenty of students for a healthy program, and they’re very well taught. The new school, at about 1500 students at full capacity will probably stake out their own path, while not taking too much from Wando.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:57 PM, banddad84 said:

So - I know that there are a great deal of "known" programs attending Grand Nats - but these are the ones that I know

we know that there are 12 spots for the finals at Grand Nats and Texas may own half of then, as they did in 2019

Based on the known participants we have to assume the following as 5 of the 6 known participants are repeat finalists.

• CTJ
  • Ronald Reagan
  • Round Rock
  • FlowerMound
  • TWHS

the last band is Vista Ridge - a Texas 6A UIL state Champion - I assume we will see them as well.

Get ready - we know that there are more bands , but Texas is bringing their "A" game in 2021

Add Marcus.