Hey everyone, here is the Area C topic for the 2020 season! Some interesting results will be coming in, especially for 4A and 6A! For 2A, 5 Bands have qualified, so that means 3 bands are advancing to the 2A State marching contest. The 2A contest is also being held in the same venue as the 4A contest. For 4A, 11 bands have qualified for Area, so 3 bands will be advancing to State. Some big changes from Area C is that most of the Military bands are marching at the State Military contest, which means that some notable bands like Spring Hill will not be marching at the Area C contest. For 6A, 17 bands are performing at the Area contest, But more than 20 qualified for the Area contest, since Region 25 6A bands, which include Allen HS and Plano district aren't performing at the contest, so 20 bands had actually qualified for the contest, so 4 bands will be advancing to the State contest!

1 hour ago, Dave609 said:

Hey everyone, here is the Area C topic for the 2020 season! Some interesting results will be coming in, especially for 4A and 6A! For 2A, 5 Bands have qualified, so that means 3 bands are advancing to the 2A State marching contest. The 2A contest is also being held in the same venue as the 4A contest. For 4A, 11 bands have qualified for Area, so 3 bands will be advancing to State. Some big changes from Area C is that most of the Military bands are marching at the State Military contest, which means that some notable bands like Spring Hill will not be marching at the Area C contest. For 6A, 17 bands have qualified for the Area contest, so 3 bands will be going to State from this Area! Who do you think will advance to the State contest? 

6A - Hebron, FloMo and Marcus - no doubts 

17 hours ago, Dave609 said:

Hey everyone, here is the Area C topic for the 2020 season! Some interesting results will be coming in, especially for 4A and 6A! For 2A, 5 Bands have qualified, so that means 3 bands are advancing to the 2A State marching contest. The 2A contest is also being held in the same venue as the 4A contest. For 4A, 11 bands have qualified for Area, so 3 bands will be advancing to State. Some big changes from Area C is that most of the Military bands are marching at the State Military contest, which means that some notable bands like Spring Hill will not be marching at the Area C contest. For 6A, 17 bands have qualified for the Area contest, so 3 bands will be going to State from this Area! Who do you think will advance to the State contest? 

The number of bands that go to state from each area are based off of bands that qualify for area AKA getting a 1 at UIL and not just their participation at the contest. I don't know about 2A or 4A but over 20 bands qualified for area in 6A for Area C therefore they're actually sending 4 bands to state!

My bet for 6A would be Hebron, Marcus, FloMo, and then a toss up between Wylie, Sachse, or Rockwall.

22 minutes ago, DallasFan said:

The number of bands that go to state from each area are based off of bands that qualify for area AKA getting a 1 at UIL and not just their participation at the contest. I don't know about 2A or 4A but over 20 bands qualified for area in 6A for Area C therefore they're actually sending 4 bands to state!

My bet for 6A would be Hebron, Marcus, FloMo, and then a toss up between Wylie, Sachse, or Rockwall.

1. 5A/6A Certification. In Conferences 5A/6A the music area shall certify the two bands receiving the highest ranking in each conference to the state marching band contest. Should fifteen or more bands qualify for advancement in a single conference for the area contest, one band for each five bands that qualifed for advancement to the contest shall be certified for advancement to the state contest.

I see now, I completely forgot about Region 25 6A bands. Thank you for letting me know and I have updated my post!

Surprised by LCM’s finish, but I didn’t care for their show design. I don’t really care for North Lamar’s show either, but they are a great band. The Lumberton band sounded phenomenal. 

Already see a clip of their performance posted on YouTube. Not quite the dramatic ending I’ve come to expect from their finish. 

I think North Lamar and Lumberton finish in top ten at state.  

https://youtu.be/zw70yFMDZyY

also since I was there in person from the start to the finish, I'd like to say how i'm somewhat confused on the gap between NL and Lumberton. NL had a total score of 5 and Lumberton's total score was 19. Now, I'm not a judge or a professional but just from what I saw today, NL and Lumberton were a whole step ahead of every other band. I mean, Lumberton had the most people out of their seat all day. I'm not saying that Lumberton should've gotten first but I know that the gap shouldn't be 14 points apart. But on the other hand, I am so proud and happy of this group. 2nd place is the highest Lumberton has ever placed at Area and slowly but surely every year they are rising. I absolutely think Lumberton will place in the top 10. also Congratulations to the other 3 bands that advanced!

Congrats to Marcus, Flower Mound, Hebron, and Wylie, who have advanced to the UIL State Championships from 6A Area C! Congrats to North Lamar, Lumberton, Bridge City, and Paris, who have advanced to the UIL State Championships from 4A Area C! Congrats to Tenaha, Linden-kildare, and Simms, who have advanced to the UIL State Championships from 2A Area C! Good luck to all bands from Area C at the UIL State Championships on December 14 and 15!