1 minute ago, J-Mike16 said:

man a lot of bands who made it in 2018 arent advancing this year, its like with Valley Mills in 2A, They won state in 2018 and then this year got 10th or something at Area

It is just one of those years...Like with Area E, most of the bands that advanced in 2018 chose not to compete, and for Fulshear, they moved up to 5A. Area D, castleberry chose not to compete. Area C, many of the bands that would normally be there chose to advance to the State Military contest. For 2A, only 4 of the 7 bands from 2018 finals have advanced, so it is showing that this year is something else

1 hour ago, Dave609 said:

Something else I want to say is congrats to Lake Belton, who has made their first ever State contest!

The head director for Lake Belton(which is a NEW school for BISD) is Bobby Yerigan. Yerigan was the head director for Tolar for many years when they went to State back when they were 2A(under the 1A-5A alignment) and then 3A, but then he got FIRED for some personal reasons and Godley picked him up in 2017. Joe Walker put him as an assistant for the 5th-6th grade brass program and he hated every minute of it and tried kicking him(Walker) off the ‘Head of Fine Arts’ spot the whole year. Now they’re both competing against each other in the same Area and Yerigan has it out for Godley, because they never made him what he really wanted and kept our current director, which I’m glad we did.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 4:03 PM, J-Mike16 said:

Oh. I just saw that you put question marks at the end so I thought you were asking. Sorry my bad xd

Castleberry is gonna be back in Region 30 for the 4A State Year this year! Godley’s show this year is Top Secret and is involved around James Bond and can’t wait to see what all happens with it! Gonna be a fun year!

2 hours ago, Skillet2019 said:

Castleberry is gonna be back in Region 30 for the 4A State Year this year! Godley’s show this year is Top Secret and is involved around James Bond and can’t wait to see what all happens with it! Gonna be a fun year!

I'm excited to see both Castleberry and Godley!! Lumberton's show is around The Seasons and how it evolves/changes which to me screams CHANGE for Lumberton. I am expecting some big things from them for this fall.

16 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

I'm excited to see both Castleberry and Godley!! Lumberton's show is around The Seasons and how it evolves/changes which to me screams CHANGE for Lumberton. I am expecting some big things from them for this fall.

That sounds pretty interesting! Can’t wait to see how this all plays out! With all conferences eligible for State this year, it’s gonna be a good one! My little brother plays tuba for Godley so it really is gonna be something.