12 minutes ago, Skillet2019 said:

It happens, hopefully Dallas Lincoln will be nicer next weekend. We’ll FINALLY be back home October 1st against Aubrey. Will Godley see Lumberton in Princeton October 2nd? We lost btw 52-20……

if your talking about a competition then no. Lumberton competes at Galena Park ISD Marching Festival on the 2nd.

They lost to East Chambers 23 - 21 tonight.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:37 AM, J-Mike16 said:

if your talking about a competition then no. Lumberton competes at Galena Park ISD Marching Festival on the 2nd.

They lost to East Chambers 23 - 21 tonight.

Come to find out, Godley dropped Princeton October 2nd and is now going to the Paluxy Valley Marching Festival in Glen Rose instead.

On 9/21/2021 at 11:17 PM, J-Mike16 said:

I saw that. I wonder if they thought they could do better at the latter contest.

Godley placed 5th out of 25 bands there last year(no Finals with COVID), so it wouldn’t surprise me if they place in the top 3 in Finals this year. They’re taking a trip to play Dallas Lincoln tomorrow and I’m hoping to get a good video of the halftime show. If not, I will be at our marching festival on Saturday and will get a good video then. We have a great list of bands performing then, just don’t have a schedule for ya and there are bands from 2A-6A going.

4 hours ago, Skillet2019 said:

Godley placed 5th out of 25 bands there last year(no Finals with COVID), so it wouldn’t surprise me if they place in the top 3 in Finals this year. They’re taking a trip to play Dallas Lincoln tomorrow and I’m hoping to get a good video of the halftime show. If not, I will be at our marching festival on Saturday and will get a good video then. We have a great list of bands performing then, just don’t have a schedule for ya and there are bands from 2A-6A going.

This is from tonight. I truly believe they will have shot to win Area and even place in the top 10 at State if they advance.

On 9/23/2021 at 11:25 PM, J-Mike16 said:

This is from tonight. I truly believe they will have shot to win Area and even place in the top 10 at State if they advance.

Here’s our performance from today, not the best and a ton of work ahead! We got an Exhibition 1-1-2+ rating and won last night’s game 63-42.

We have 3 clinics coming up this week, ALL from the person who wrote the show and more in the ‘Fall Band Camp’, which, once again, was approved by UIL.

Did you watch the performance? Y’all’s performance was amazing. Hardly any flaws, but I’m not a certified UIL judge, so they might see something I don’t. Oh! And that’s STILL not all of our show yesterday.

26 minutes ago, Skillet2019 said:

Did you watch the performance? Y’all’s performance was amazing. Hardly any flaws, but I’m not a certified UIL judge, so they might see something I don’t. Oh! And that’s STILL not all of our show yesterday.

You know, I've already said that I like the show, but every time I watch it, I like it more. Y'all's  uniforms are really cool. I really like the choreo in the show. and one thing I like about Godley is that the kids are not scared to play out. For the band being small, the sound/music they produce is really really good. Kudos to their directors for making them project their sound. Small but Mighty is how I would describe the band.

Thank you btw for saying those nice things about Lumberton. Now, I wouldnt say there are hardly any flaws. Right now, its the marching that needs some more work. They still have to add more choreo and part 4 by next weekend for their first competition but I think they will turn some people's heads later on in the season. Keep an eye out for Area C 4A. Will be a bloodbath.

7 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

You know, I've already said that I like the show, but every time I watch it, I like it more. Y'all's  uniforms are really cool. I really like the choreo in the show. and one thing I like about Godley is that the kids are not scared to play out. For the band being small, the sound/music they produce is really really good. Kudos to their directors for making them project their sound. Small but Mighty is how I would describe the band.

Thank you btw for saying those nice things about Lumberton. Now, I wouldnt say there are hardly any flaws. Right now, its the marching that needs some more work. They still have to add more choreo and part 4 by next weekend for their first competition but I think they will turn some people's heads later on in the season. Keep an eye out for Area C 4A. Will be a bloodbath.

I would definitely agree, hopefully Godley can do the same come later in the season.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, FormerWildcat said:

I know for a fact that Kennedale will not be attending this year's state contest. I'm not sure if they plan on even attending area, though that wouldn't affect any potential state advancers as long as they get a 1 next Saturday.

Do you know the reason why they aren't going to attend State if they make it?

On 10/10/2021 at 9:28 PM, FormerWildcat said:

I know for a fact that Kennedale will not be attending this year's state contest. I'm not sure if they plan on even attending area, though that wouldn't affect any potential state advancers as long as they get a 1 next Saturday.

You’re telling me Kennedale WON’T attend State this year?!?!? Why????