Sep. 25th: Wildcat Marching Festival-Godley

Oct. 2nd: Sounds of Fall Marching Classic-Princeton

Oct. 9th: SOS Marching Showcase-Springtown

Oct. 16th: UIL Region 30 Contest: Springtown

Oct. 30th: UIL 4A Area D Contest: Site TBD

Nov. 10th: UIL 4A State Contest(if qualified): San Antonio

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 12:03 AM, J-Mike16 said:

I'm excited to see both Castleberry and Godley!! Lumberton's show is around The Seasons and how it evolves/changes which to me screams CHANGE for Lumberton. I am expecting some big things from them for this fall.

https://youtu.be/dXcPTtTOJe8 Godley’s Parent Preview this morning!

16 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

That was really good! Cant wait to see them later on in the season!

They have they’re whole first movement memorized already!! Good sounds all around! They didn’t have the traditional Summer Band camp, Godley started school August 3rd and they are still kicking it! They do have two weeks of band camp in October(approved by UIL), because the schools are closed for a Covid reset, I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE FULL PRODUCTION! Plus, my little bro’s out there this year ???!

7 hours ago, Skillet2019 said:

They have they’re whole first movement memorized already!! Good sounds all around! They didn’t have the traditional Summer Band camp, Godley started school August 3rd and they are still kicking it! They do have two weeks of band camp in October(approved by UIL), because the schools are closed for a Covid reset, I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE FULL PRODUCTION! Plus, my little bro’s out there this year ???!

I think with more practice obviously and then the addition of the rest of the show, props?, and uniforms. I can see Godley sneaking into State. I will keep my eyes out for them and wish them the best of luck! as for Lumberton, they have a community pep rally this upcoming Tuesday so I think we may see the first few videos of them next week as they continue to work hard to reach that goal of theirs which is to finish in the top 5 at State. That's all I'm gonna say.

20 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

I think with more practice obviously and then the addition of the rest of the show, props?, and uniforms. I can see Godley sneaking into State. I will keep my eyes out for them and wish them the best of luck! as for Lumberton, they have a community pep rally this upcoming Tuesday so I think we may see the first few videos of them next week as they continue to work hard to reach that goal of theirs which is to finish in the top 5 at State. That's all I'm gonna say.

There are PLENTY of props in the works for this year’s show, including a safe and other on field props. Our uniforms were brand new for the 2019 season and match this year’s show perfectly, they’re also adding new drum head designs that’ll go with the theme of the show that’ll say something along the lines of ‘007’ or ‘James Bond’. There’s plenty to go and there are choreographed horn pops throughout the show.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 11:52 PM, J-Mike16 said:

This is our WK2 halftime performance, our WK1 football game was cancelled due to COVID.

26 minutes ago, Skillet2019 said:

This is our WK2 halftime performance, our WK1 football game was cancelled due to COVID.

It wont let me watch it on my phone, I will later when i get off work. 

Here is Lumberton's first public performance. Now, it is messy, almost the entire time, there was a tear waiting to happen. However, There are also some very good moments.

33 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

Here is Lumberton's first public performance. Now, it is messy, almost the entire time, there was a tear waiting to happen. However, There are also some very good moments.

I have no clue why it won't let you watch it on your phone.......there are still messy areas in our show as well and good in the show too. Granted it's still our first movement though and the second should be cleaned well to have it by week 4, our Springtown game.

On 9/4/2021 at 4:30 PM, J-Mike16 said:

Did you watch our video?

50 minutes ago, Skillet2019 said:

Did you watch our video?

oh yes I did. sorry its been a long few days. celebrated my 21st birthday yesterday and then went to a funeral today.

I like the show so far. The opener is is really good. I do wish the metronome wasn't on but I understand.

The blend of the band is nice but I can hear a few sticking out which is totally ok right now with it being the beginning of the season. also There is just 1 section near the end where almost nothing is happening. but overall really good!

2 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

I would like to know your opinions on the video I posted if you don't mind.

Y'all sound really good, blending is really well this early in the season, there was a minor intonation problem, but that will get fixed. Lumberton WILL make another State run this year FOR SURE! Can't wait to see the rest!

23 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

Facebook

This week's video is on Facebook. Parts 1 & 2 of 4. Lumberton changed their show name to "For Every Season" from The Seasons due to copyright issues. Sadly this video quality gets bad at times.

also it looks like Godley improved on this week's video. They sound good.

Excellent performance! Don't forget, Godley has a 2 week UIL approved camp the first two weeks in October, which will help us. This week's away game vs. Springtown will have the first 2 of 4 movements on the field at halftime! Can't wait to see it!?!

With this tropical storm coming into Texas, all of Houston and Southeast Texas will get slammed hard. I expect Lumberton to not have any outside rehearsals, so all inside music practices. I also don't expect Lumberton to go to the football game on Friday, as with the storm and the fact that they are playing a 3A school with a pretty small stadium. 

14 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

With this tropical storm coming into Texas, all of Houston and Southeast Texas will get slammed hard. I expect Lumberton to not have any outside rehearsals, so all inside music practices. I also don't expect Lumberton to go to the football game on Friday, as with the storm and the fact that they are playing a 3A school with a pretty small stadium. 

Godley was a 2A school under the old 1A-5A system and got bumped to 4A in 2014 and has been to Area in 2014, 2018 and 2020. We missed 2016 due to a change in directors, but 2014-15 were 1-1-1s and then starting again in 2017 to now have been AT LEAST an overall 1(2017 and ‘19 were a 1-1-2). Our stadium is getting a HUGE upgrade with a bond that just passed, will be ready for the 2024 season and that really sucks! I don’t think it will delay anything for Lumberton though, have faith my friend! 

On 9/13/2021 at 12:05 AM, J-Mike16 said:

So, what’s the update on Lumberton?

26 minutes ago, Skillet2019 said:

So, what’s the update on Lumberton?

We didnt get much at all. It did rain almost every day this week. However they are performing at the game tonight. I also have the audio for parts 3 & 4, and while I can not post them, I will say that they are taking big steps musically.

6 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

We didnt get much at all. It did rain almost every day this week. However they are performing at the game tonight. I also have the audio for parts 3 & 4, and while I can not post them, I will say that they are taking big steps musically.

This week’s video is gonna be from the back of the band……Springtown wouldn’t let me over to the home side during halftime just to film them…….