band, all you cool cats and kittens?

Watching these videos made me realize that even though 2014 wasnt the most exciting year competitively (with some exceptions, such as CTJs first big wins, Vista and Westlake coming back strong after missing finals in Austin, among others), the actual shows that were performed that year were spectacular. I think Flowermound should have scored closer to their 15 to 16 shows rather than being in the bottom of SA finals. 

Do you have a decent copy of Marcus 2015? It has probably been a few years since I've been in the drive, so I don't remember. 2015 is a bit of a lost year, because that was when BOA stopped selling DVDs, and people were just getting used to having to record the streaming events on their own computers.

sorry. i've been really sick. i was in the ER recently, not for COVID thankfully! flare up of an infection that i've been dealing with for about 5 months now, but with some new symptoms that mimicked COVID, so i was concerned.

anyway, i'm going to check my private messages in a second.

Georgie McRubyRube, i believe the Marcus 2015 video is just something that i got off of YouTube, like a football game performance. so i guess the answer to your question is no? hahaha. sorry!!! ? ?

On 8/7/2020 at 5:37 PM, Rubisco said:

Do you have a decent copy of Marcus 2015? It has probably been a few years since I've been in the drive, so I don't remember. 2015 is a bit of a lost year, because that was when BOA stopped selling DVDs, and people were just getting used to having to record the streaming events on their own computers.

I think I found Marcus on YT.  Message me for details on my search. Not sure I should post it here.  

On 8/14/2020 at 8:05 PM, packwick said:

sorry. i've been really sick. i was in the ER recently, not for COVID thankfully! flare up of an infection that i've been dealing with for about 5 months now, but with some new symptoms that mimicked COVID, so i was concerned.

anyway, i'm going to check my private messages in a second.

Georgie McRubyRube, i believe the Marcus 2015 video is just something that i got off of YouTube, like a football game performance. so i guess the answer to your question is no? hahaha. sorry!!! ? ?

Goodness!  I hope you get better soon!

On 8/14/2020 at 8:05 PM, packwick said:

Georgie McRubyRube

??

On 8/15/2020 at 4:55 PM, Alvin said:

I think I found Marcus on YT.  Message me for details on my search. Not sure I should post it here.  

Ah, I found it. It's an unlisted video in the Marcus playlist. Nice! It should probably be uploaded into the collection.

• 3 weeks later...

so, i'm coming here less and less. if you try to reach me and you've been waiting a while, it might be a good idea to message somebody else who has already received the link and ask them to share it with you. that would include people in this thread who have received it, along with (i think) some of the TX Bands moderators. thanks!

Those with the videos, I highly reccommend James Bowie 06. The show was a bit rough visually, but oh boy did they play some beautiful music. I dont think those kids expected they would make grand national finals, and you can feel the emotion in the performance. That ballad is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard from a football field. The way the music was written and how it just echos through the RCA dome. If this isnt the best 12th place show in BOA history, its sure close to it. 

• 2 months later...

ok. logged in for the first time in a month probably. no new requests in my inbox. this will prooobably be my last login. i'm forgetting all my passwords anyway. i've got, like, 10 Google Drives that i've been abusing for extra storage space, and i don't remember the passwords for half of them. ?

if anybody still needs access to the videos, please contact one of the other people in this thread.

thank you!

patrick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/11/2020 at 8:41 PM, J-Mike16 said:

I love watching some of the band videos from the early 2000's. So different compared to nowaday shows

I love PCEPs shows from that era, such beautiful designs. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 9:59 PM, Rubisco said:

Hey Patrick, do you happen to have a copy of James Logan's World Guard from WGI 2005? The show was called In the Cradle of Odin. The video that's on YouTube has part of the music muted, which is annoying. I PMed you, too, but my feeling is that people aren't logging in much right now.

no, unfoooortunately my mom's rapacious quest for marching band videos didn't extend as much to winter guard. i don't think she has that finals. i've got a personal collection of favorite WGI videos with Logan, but it's still muted. i may have to contact the YouTube uploader. wonderful show. probably their best.

you judging WGI this year?