The Danpodcast - hodgePODge Week Of July 5th

Appreciate, as always, the neutral take on current events, I know it's not easy to do. 

I hope the results of this study are taken with the grain of salt necessary to make a final decision. I think there have already been similar studies done that loosely prove that playing instruments don't necessarily make you more likely to spread the virus, and I'm assuming the same will be found here. But that's relative to if everyone was standing in a crowd without instruments, which, as we have seen, has not gone well so far. If the "phased" re-opening of Texas has gone this poorly, imagine how bad a jump to school, sports and band will go. 

Unfortunately I still think we're still a couple weeks away from UIL/MFA saying anything definitively. 

The 60 Day “drop dead” date is quickly approaching. Isn’t McAllen the first BOA of the season, third week of September?  That only gives us a few more weeks before the plug is pulled on that one. Will they drop one at a time or all at once?

I’m also curious what UIL will decide about the SMBC this year. If they skip a year does that mean 5A misses out next year?  If that were to happen, Leander would go 2019, 2020 and 2021 without competing in state. 

10 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

I’m also curious what UIL will decide about the SMBC this year. If they skip a year does that mean 5A misses out next year?  If that were to happen, Leander would go 2019, 2020 and 2021 without competing in state. 

Maybe just do all divisions every year like ISSMA? I know there are logistical issues, but maybe 2021 is their chance to try it out. They've already made the successful push to do area every year for all divisions...

1 hour ago, LHSax said:

Maybe just do all divisions every year like ISSMA? I know there are logistical issues, but maybe 2021 is their chance to try it out. They've already made the successful push to do area every year for all divisions...

I kinda like and hate this idea all at the same time!  ?

13 hours ago, LHSbandDad said:

So....in the worst case scenario that Grand Nationals is cancelled....does this mean that "The Eagle" will remain in Texas for another year and that Vandy will be a two year reigning champion??  

If we really reach 113 this weekend in Austin like they’re predicting, Kevin is gonna break out of the Vandy trophy case and fly north!